Plant : exploring the botanical world
- commissioning editor: Victoria Clarke ; project editor: Rosie Pickles.
- New York, NY : Phaidon, 2016.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 351 pages : color illustrations ; 30 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|N7680 .P53 2016 F||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (page 343) and index.
The ultimate gift for gardeners and art-lovers, featuring 300 of the most beautiful and pioneering botanical images ever Following in the footsteps of the international bestseller Map: Exploring the World, this fresh and visually stunning survey celebrates the extraordinary beauty and diversity of plants. It combines photographs and cutting-edge micrograph scans with watercolours, drawings, and prints to bring this universally popular and captivating subject vividly to life. Carefully selected by an international panel of experts and arranged in a uniquely structured sequence to highlight thought-provoking contrasts and similarities, this stunning compilation of botanically themed images includes iconic work by celebrated artists, photographers, scientists, and botanical illustrators, as well as rare and previously unpublished images.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Exploring the botanical world
- "The artworks in this book have been arranged in pairs to highlight interesting comparisons and contrasts based loosely on their subject, age, purpose, origin or appearance. This organizational system is not definitive and many other arrangements would have been possible. A chronological survey of botanical art can be found in the timeline at the back."--title page verso.
Browse related items
Start at call number: