Nutritional supplements in sports and exercise
- Mike Greenwood, Matthew B. Cooke, Tim Ziegenfuss, Douglas S. Kalman, Jose Antonio, editors.
- Second edition [2nd ed.].
- Cham : Springer, 
- Physical description
- online resource (xxviii, 385 pages) : illustrations, portraits ; 26 cm
- Antonio, Jose, 1962- editor.
- Cooke, Matthew B. editor.
- Greenwood, Mike (Professor of health, human performance and recreation). editor.
- Kalman, Douglas. editor.
- Ziegenfuss, Tim. editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I. The Industrial Nature Of The Supplement Game
- 1. Effect of Government Regulation on the Evolution of Sports Nutrition
- 2. The Psychology Of Supplementation In Sport and Exercise: Motivational Antecedents and Behavioral Outcomes
- Part II. Nutritional Basics First
- 3. The Role of Nutritional Supplements Complementing Nutrient Dense Diets: General Versus Sport/Exercise Specific Dietary Guidelines Related To Energy Expenditure
- 4. Macronutrient Intake for Physical Activity
- 5. Essential and Nonessential Micronutrients and Sport
- 6. Fluid Balance and Hydration for Human Performance
- Part III. Specialized Nutritional Strategies & Supplements
- 7. Building Muscle Mass: Physiology, Nutrition and Supplementation
- 8. Weight Loss Nutritional Supplements
- 9. Effective Nutritional Supplement Combinations
- 10. Nutritional Supplements For Strength and Power Athletes
- 11. Nutritional Supplements For Endurance Athletes
- 12. Nutritional Supplements To Enhance Recovery
- 13. Nutritional Timing
- 14. Carbohydrate Utilization and Disposal in Strength/ Power Training & Sports: Examining the Under examined
- 15. Exercise For The Athlete With Diabetes
- Part IV. Present And Future Directions Of Nutritional Supplements
- 16. Beyond The Obvious: Future Innovations In Sports Nutrition.
- Publication date
- 3319182293 (alk. paper)
- 9783319182292 (alk. paper)
- 3319182307 (eBook)
- 9783319182308 (eBook)