African newspapers : from the World newspaper archive in partnership with the Center for Research Libraries
- English, Afrikaans, German, Indic (Other), Hindi, Portuguese, Sotho, Tamil, Tongan, Tswana, Xhosa, Zulu. English, French, German, Indic, Hindi, Portuguese, Sotho, Tamil, Tongan, Tswana, Xhosa, and Zulu.
- [Naples, Fla.] : Readex
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- African Newspapers, 1800-1922 provides more than 40 fully searchable African newspapers published in the 19th and 20th centuries. Featuring English- and foreign-language titles from Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Uganda and Zimbabwe, African Newspapers offers unparalleled coverage of the issues and events that shaped the continent and its peoples between 1800 and 1922. This collection includes such key publications as the East African Standard, Mombasa Times & Uganda Argus (Kenya), Leselinyana la Lesutho (Lesotho), Central African Times (Malawi), Beira Post (Mozambique), Lagos Standard (Nigeria), Mafeking Mail and Protectorate Guardian (South Africa), Sierra Leone Weekly News (Sierra Leone), Uganda Herald (Uganda), Buluwayo Chronicle (Zimbabwe) and nearly two dozen others.
- Africa > Newspapers.
- Africa > History > 19th century > Sources.
- Africa > History > 20th century > Sources.
- Africa > Politics and government > To 1945 > Sources.
- African newspapers > Databases.
- African newspapers.
- Politics and government
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Additional title: World newspaper archive. African newspapers
- African newspapers, 1800-1922
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2010.
- Title from home page (viewed August 29, 2013).
- Published by Readex in partnership with the Center for Research Libraries.
- World newspaper archive. [Naples, Fla.] : Readex