Modern trends in constructive function theory : constructive functions 2014 : conference in honour of Ed Saff's 70th-birthday, May 26-30, 2014, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
- Douglas P. Hardin, Doron S. Lubinsky, Brian Z. Simanek, editors.
- Providence, Rhode Island : American Mathematical Society, 
- Physical description
- ix, 297 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Contemporary mathematics (American Mathematical Society) ; v. 661.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA331 .M677 2016||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- * Ed Saff at three score and ten by D. S. Lubinsky* The tale of a formula by V. Totik* Log-optimal configurations on the sphere by P. D. Dragnev* Convergene of random continued fractions and random iterations of Mobius transformations by L. Lorentzen* Ratio asymptotics for multiple orthogonal polynomials by W. Van Assche* Study of a parametrization of the bivariate trigonometric moment problem by J. S. Geronimo and A. Pangia* Explicit formulas for the Riesz energy of the $N$th roots of unity by J. S. Brauchart* Asymptotic zero distribution of random polynomials spanned by general bases by I. E. Pritsker* On row sequences of Pade and Hermite-Pade approximation by G. Lopez Lagomasino* Orthogonal expansions for generalized Gegenbauer weight function on the unit ball by Y. Xu* The Mhaskar-Saff variational principle and location of the shocks of certain hyperbolic equations by A. I. Aptekarev* Boundary estimates for Bergman polynomials in domains with corners by N. Stylianopoulos* Asymptotics of type I Hermite-Pade polynomials for semiclassical functions by A. Martinez-Finkelshtein, E. A. Rakhmanov, and S. P. Suetin* Sparse interpolation and rational approximation by A. Cuyt and W.-S. Lee* Asymptotics of the Meijer $G$-functions by Y. Lin and R. Wong* Transformations of polynomial ensembles by A. B. J. Kuijlaars* Local statistics of lattice points on the sphere by J. Bourgain, P. Sarnak, and Z. Rudnick* Conditioning moments of singular measures for entropy maximization II: Numerical examples by M. Budisic and M. Putinar.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This volume contains the proceedings of the conference Constructive Functions 2014, held from May 26-30, 2014, at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, in honor of Ed Saff's 70th birthday. The papers in this volume contain results on polynomial approximation, rational approximation, Log-optimal configurations on the sphere, random continued fractions, ratio asymptotics for multiple orthogonal polynomials, the bivariate trigonometric moment problem, minimal Riesz energy, random polynomials, Pade and Hermite-Pade approximation, orthogonal expansions, hyperbolic differential equations, Bergman polynomials, the Meijer $G$-function, polynomial ensembles, and integer lattice points.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Functions > Congresses.
- Approximation theory > Congresses.
- Mathematical analysis > Congresses.
- Number theory -- Additive number theory; partitions -- Lattice points in specified regions.
- Real functions -- Polynomials, rational functions -- Polynomials: location of zeros.
- Potential theory -- Two-dimensional theory -- Potentials and capacity, harmonic measure, extremal length.
- Special functions (33-XX deals with the properties of functions as functions) -- Hypergeometric functions -- Orthogonal polynomials and functions in several variables expressible in terms of special functions in one variable.
- Partial differential equations -- Hyperbolic equations and systems -- Shocks and singularities.
- Sequences, series, summability -- Convergence and divergence of infinite limiting processes -- Convergence and divergence of continued fractions.
- Approximations and expansions -- Approximations and expansions -- Padé approximation.
- Harmonic analysis on Euclidean spaces -- Nontrigonometric harmonic analysis -- Orthogonal functions and polynomials, general theory.
- Probability theory and stochastic processes -- Probability theory on algebraic and topological structures -- Random matrices (probabilistic aspects; for algebraic aspects see 15B52)
- Approximation theory.
- Mathematical analysis.
- Publication date
- Contemporary mathematics ; volume 661
- 9781470425340 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 1470425343 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: