Becker Piano Roll Collection
- approximately 1905-1930.
- Physical description
- 178 audio rolls
- piano (1) (total=1)
Also available at
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
Locked stacks: Ask at circulation desk
Item belongs to a collection
Supplemental materials, including item level inventories, for Archive of Recorded Sound and Music Library collections. These materials support collection finding aids and MARC records without item level description.
- Digital collection
- 29 digital items
- Shoulders, Nancy, donor.
- Cook, J. Lawrence (Jean Lawrence), 1899-1976, arranger of music.
- Lutter, Howard, instrumentalist.
- Carroll, Adam, 1897-1974, instrumentalist.
- Milne, Frank, 1887-1959, editor.
- Kortlander, Max, 1890-1961, instrumentalist.
- Ampico Corporation.
- Aeolian Company.
- Welte-Mignon Corporation.
- QRS Music Rolls, Inc.
- This collection, previously acquired by the Becker family of Cincinnati, Ohio, contains reproducing piano rolls; principally in the American popular music genre by contributors such as J. Lawrence Cook, Howard Lutter, Adam Carroll, Frank Milne, Max Kortlander, and others. The majority of these rolls were published by the Ampico, Aeolian, Welte-Mignon licensee, and QRS companies.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least two business days in advance of intended use. Contact the Archive for assistance.
- Cite as
- Becker Piano Roll Collection, ARS.0182. Courtesy of Stanford Archive of Recorded Sound, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, CA.
- Property rights reside with repository. Publication and reproduction rights reside with the creators or their heirs. To obtain permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the Head Librarian of the Archive of Recorded Sound.
- Gift; Nancy Shoulders 2016.
Browse related items
Start at call number: