- Hubert L. Bray, Greg Galloway, Rafe Mazzeo, Natasa Sesum, editors.
- [Providence] : American Mathematical Society Institute for Advanced Study, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvi, 438 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm.
- IAS/Park City mathematics series ; v. 22.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA360 .G455 2016||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 435-438).
- * Heat diffusion in geometry by G. Huisken* Applications of Hamilton's compactness theorem for Ricci flow by P. Topping* The Kahler-Ricci flow on compact Kahler manifolds by B. Weinkove* Park City lectures on eigenfunctions by S. Zelditch* Critical metrics for Riemannian curvature functionals by J. A. Viaclovsky* Min-max theory and a proof of the Willmore conjecture by F. C. Marques and A. Neves* Weak immersions of surfaces with $L^2$-bounded second fundamental form by T. Riviere* Introduction to minimal surface theory by B. White.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This volume includes expanded versions of the lectures delivered in the Graduate Minicourse portion of the 2013 Park City Mathematics Institute session on Geometric Analysis. The papers give excellent high-level introductions, suitable for graduate students wishing to enter the field and experienced researchers alike, to a range of the most important areas of geometric analysis. These include: the general issue of geometric evolution, with more detailed lectures on Ricci flow and Kahler-Ricci flow, new progress on the analytic aspects of the Willmore equation as well as an introduction to the recent proof of the Willmore conjecture and new directions in min-max theory for geometric variational problems, the current state of the art regarding minimal surfaces in $R^3$, the role of critical metrics in Riemannian geometry, and the modern perspective on the study of eigenfunctions and eigenvalues for Laplace-Beltrami operators.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- IAS/Park City mathematics series ; volume 22
- 9781470423131 (alk. paper)
- 1470423138 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: