Sounds of the 30's.
- audio file.
- London, England : Decca, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Piano concerto in G major / Maurice Ravel (20:55)
- Tango (piano version) / Igor Stravinsky (3:14)
- Happy end. Surabaya Johnny (5:57) ; The threepenny opera. Tango ballad = Zuhälterballade (4:24) / Kurt Weill
- Tango / Igor Stravinsky ; orchestrated by Felix Guenther (3:51)
- Mille e una notte : suite / Victor De Sabata (27:53).
- A new recording with Riccardo Chailly, a top classical conductor, and Stefano Bollani, a top jazz pianist is an exciting programme focused on the magic of the 30s: a decade full of energy and creativity, in which several top classical composers were strongly influenced by such modern trends like jazz, tango, and fox-trot. The programme of Ravel, Stravinsky, Weill, and De Sabata features classical pieces with strong jazz influences: a feature that the two artists, with their unique skills, and truly highlight.
- Included Work
- Container of: Ravel, Maurice, 1875-1937. Concertos, piano, orchestra, G major.
- Container of: Stravinsky, Igor, 1882-1971. Tango, piano.
- Container of: Weill, Kurt, 1900-1950. Happy end. Surabaya-Johnny; arranged.
- Container of: Weill, Kurt, 1900-1950. Dreigroschenoper. Zuhälterballade arranged.
- Container of: Stravinsky, Igor, 1882-1971. Tango, piano; arranged.
- Container of: De Sabata, Victor, 1892-1967 Mille e una notte suite.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Sounds of the thirties
- The 3rd and 4th works arranged for piano solo; the 6th work is a suite from a ballet.
- Stefano Bollani, piano ; Gewandhausorchester ; Riccardo Chailly, conductor.
- Recorded 2011 August 29-September 2 Gewandhaus, Leipzig.
- Publisher Number
- 00028947648321 Decca