The future of Evangelicalism in America
- edited by Candy Gunther Brown and Mark Silk.
- New York : Columbia University Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiv, 254 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- The future of religion in America
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Series Editors' Introduction: The Future of Religion in America, by Mark Silk and Andrew WalshIntroduction, by Candy Gunther Brown1. American Evangelicalism: Character, Function, and Trajectories of Change, by Michael S. Hamilton2. Sound, Style, Substance: New Directions in Evangelical Spirituality, by Chris R. Armstrong3. The Emerging Divide in Evangelical Theology, by Roger E. Olson4. Evangelicals, Politics, and Public Policy: Lessons from the Past, Prospects for the Future, by Amy E. Black5. The Changing Face of Evangelicalism, by Timothy TsengConclusion, by Candy Gunther BrownAppendix A: American Religious Identification Survey: Research DesignAppendix B: American Religious Identification Survey: Future of Religion in America SurveyAppendix C: American Religious Identification Survey: Typology of Religious GroupsList of ContributorsIndex.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
In The Future of Evangelicalism in America, thematic chapters on culture, spirituality, theology, politics, and ethnicity reveal the sources of the movement's dynamism, as well as significant challenges confronting the rising generations. A collaboration among scholars of history, religious studies, theology, political science, and ethnic studies, the volume offers unique insight into a vibrant and sometimes controversial movement, the future of which is closely tied to the future of America.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780231176101 (hardcover ; alkaline paper)
- 0231176104 (hardcover ; alkaline paper)
- 9780231176118 (paperback ; alkaline paper)
- 0231176112 (paperback ; alkaline paper)
- 9780231540704 (electronic book)
- 0231540701 (electronic book)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: