Columbia River. Sheet No. 1
- Published Oct. 1890 T.C. Mendenhall Superintendent. Verified B.A. Colonna Assistant in charge of Office (Date of first Publication 1870) ; Triangulation by R.D. Cutts and J.J. Gilbert Assistants ; Topography by C. Rockwell ; Hydrography of the Entrance from a survey by the Corps of Engineers, U.S.A. ; [and by] E. Cordell and C. Rockwell Assistants ; Astronomical observations by G. Davidson and R.D. Cutts Assists ; Magnetic observations by G. Davidson...and W. Eimbeck, Sub-Asst., and Lieut Comdr. H.E. Nichols, U.S.N. Assistant ; Verification of Hydrography by Comdr. C.M. Thomas U.S.N. Inspector of Hydrography.
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1890.
- Physical description
- 1 chart ; 71 x 62 cm
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|G4242 .C62 P5 1890 .U5 SHEET 1||In-library use|
- Navigation > Columbia River > Nautical Charts > 19th century.
- Rivers > Northwest, Pacific > Columbia River > Nautical Charts > 19th century.
- Hydrography > Columbia River > Maps > 19th century.
- Coasts > United States > Northwest, Pacific > Nautical Charts > 19th century.
- Columbia River > Nautical Charts > 19th century.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Columbia R. Sheet 1
- Map Data
- Scale 1:40,000 (W 124°10ʹ00ʺ--W 123°48ʹ00ʺ/N 46°20ʹ00ʺ--N 46°07ʹ00ʺ).
- Depths shown by soundings and isolines; relief by contours and spot heights
- Variation compasses
- Bar scales in statute miles, nautical miles, kilometres
- Buoy legend, explanatory notes, coordinates of lighthouses, tidal information, Telegraph and signal station notes
- Shows drainage, vegetation, "Sand Island," roads, railroad, topography
- "No. 640"
- "Printed Oct. 1890"
- Stamped with Dillon & Co. agents for U.S. government charts stamp, "Aids to Navigation corrected...Oct 9 1890"
Browse related items
Start at call number: