Columbia River. Sheet No. 6, Fales Landing to Portland
- Issued, May 1888, F.M. Thorn, Superintendent. Verified: B.A. Colonna, Assistant in charge of Office ; [Triangulation, Topography, and Hydrography] by C. Rockwell, Assistant ; Astronomical observations by G. Davidson, Assistant ; Magnetic Observations by G. Davidson, J.S. Lawson, E. Smith, and W.H. Dall, Assistants ; Verification of Hydrography by Lieut. Comdr. W.H. Brownson, U.S.N. Inspector of Hydrography ; The reduced drawing of Topography by H. Lindenkohl ; ...of Hydrography by A. Lindenkohl ; Topography and Sand [engraving] by H.C. Evans. General Lettering by A. Petersen and F. Courtenay. Title and Notes by H.M. Knight.
- Corrected to Feb 12 1890 [Stamp].
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, 1888.
- [San Francisco, California?] : [Dillon & Co.?], 1890.
- Physical description
- 1 chart ; 74 x 56 cm
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|G4242 .C62 P5 1890 .U5 SHEET 6||In-library use|
- Corporate Author
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey.
- Thorn, F. M.
- Colonna, B. A. (Benjamin Allison)
- Rockwell, Cleveland, 1837-1907.
- Davidson, George, 1825-1911.
- Lawson, J. S.
- Dall, William Healey, 1845-1927.
- Brownson, Willard H. (Willard Herbert), 1845-1935.
- Lindenkohl, H. (Henry)
- Lindenkohl, A.
- Petersen, A.
- Knight, H. M.
- Navigation > Columbia River > Nautical Charts > 19th century.
- Rivers > Northwest, Pacific > Columbia River > Nautical Charts > 19th century.
- Hydrography > Columbia River > Maps > 19th century.
- Columbia River > Nautical Charts > 19th century.
- Portland (Or.) > Maps > 19th century.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Columbia River, Sheet 6
- Map Data
- Scale 1:40,000 (W 122°54ʹ00ʺ--W 122°38ʹ00ʺ/N 45°46ʹ00ʺ--N 45°30ʹ00ʺ).
- Coordinates approximate (Greenwich meridian)
- Depths shown by soundings and gradient shading (in low water areas); relief by contours and spot heights
- Variation compasses
- Bar scales in statute miles, nautical miles, kilometers
- Buoy legend, explanatory notes, latitude and longitude of Portland (Astronomical station Balch), River Lights table
- Shows waterways, vegetation, islands, railroads, various buildings, topography, divisions of land, Portland city plan, "Oregon Railway & Nav. Co Shops & Grounds"
- "No. 641d," "Plate no. 2007," "Electrotype Copy No. 1..."
- Stamped "Printed Oct 2 1889," with Dillon & Co. agents for U.S. government charts stamp
Browse related items
Start at call number: