Columbia River. Sheet No. 3
- Triangulation by C. Rockwell Assist. ; Topography by C. Rockwell and J.J. Gilbert Assist. ; Hydrography by J.J. Gilbert ; Issued, in June 1878 C.P. Patterson Superintendent ; Verified J.E. Hilgard ; Outlines Hydrography and lettering by H.M. Knight & W.A. Thompson ; Topography...W.A. Thompson ; reduced drawing of Topography...H. Lindenkohl; reduced drawing of Hydrography...E.Hergesheimer.
- Corrected to Feb 12 1890 [Stamp].
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Coast Survey, 1878.
- [San Francisco, California?] : [Dillon & Co.?], 1890.
- Physical description
- 1 chart ; 74 x 57 cm
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G4242 .C62 P5 1890 .U5 SHEET 3||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Columbia River, Sheet 3
- Map Data
- Scale 1:40,000 (W 123°31ʹ00ʺ--W 123°10ʹ00ʺ/N 46°14ʹ00ʺ--N 46°04ʹ00ʺ).
- Coordinates approximate (Greenwich meridian)
- Depths shown by soundings and gradient shading (in low water areas); relief by contours and spot heights
- Variation compasses
- Bar scales in yards, statute miles, nautical miles, kilometers
- Tidal information; buoy legend; notes on elevations and soundings
- Shows drainage, vegetation, topography, low water areas, islands, buildings, divisions of land
- "No. 641a," "Plate No. 1481"
- Bottom right: "U.S.C. & G.S."
- At head of title is U.S. Coast Survey seal
- Stamped "Printed Jul 9 1889," with Dillon & Co. agents for U.S. government charts stamp
Browse related items
Start at call number: