Columbia River. Sheet No. 2
- Issued January 1879 C.P. Patterson Superintendent. Verified J.E. Hilgard Assistant in charge of Office ; Triangulation by R.D. Cutts & C. Rockwell Assists. ; Topography by C. Rockwell ; Hydrography by E. Cordell Assist.
- Aids to Navigation corrected to 1888.
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Coast Survey, 1879.
- [San Francisco, California?] : [Dillon & Co.?], 
- Physical description
- 1 chart ; 60.5 x 69 cm
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G4242 .C62 P5 1888 .U5 SHEET 2||In-library use|
Item is featured in an exhibit Item is featured in exhibits
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale 1:40,000 (W 123°48ʹ17ʺ--W 123°27ʹ12ʺ/N 46°20ʹ21ʺ--N 46°07ʹ35ʺ).
- Coordinates approximate (Greenwich meridian)
- Depths shown by soundings and gradient shading (in low water areas); relief by contours and spot heights
- Variation compasses
- Bar scales in statute miles, nautical miles, kilometers
- Tidal information; buoy legend; notes on 1887 course, elevations, and soundings
- Shows drainage, vegetation, topography, low water areas, islands, buildings, roads, divisions of land
- "No. 641," "Electrotype Copy No. 2 U.S.C.S.," "Plate No. 1454"
- "Printed Jul 15 1887" [Stamp]
- On Stanford copy: "Issued from Chart Room 6-21-1888" handwritten in bottom margin, with "B." and "[R.?]" ; Dillon & Co. agents for U.S. government charts (stamp)
Browse related items
Start at call number: