Gender transitions along borders : the Northern borderlands of Mexico and Morocco
- edited by Marlene Solís.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2016.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xviii, 184 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Gender in a global/local world.
- Solís, Marlene, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 159-174) and index.
- Contents: Preface-- Introduction: a feminist view of borders, Marlene Solis. Part I Gender and Borders: Theoretical Aspects: Global borders: a gender interpretation, Natalia Ribas-Mateos-- Work, family, and gender relations on the northern border of Mexico, Silvia Lopez Estrada. Part II Work and Family in Global Companies: Women's work in northern Morocco: emancipation or exploitation?, Nadia Nair and Zohra El-Khamlichi-- The symbolic place of female workers in the borderland export industry: the case of Morocco, Rosa Ma. Soriano Miras, Antonio Trinidad, Kathryn Kopinak and Jenna Hennebry-- A comparison of family cultures among migrants with work experience in export processing industries in Mexico and Morocco, Kathryn Kopinak, Pierrette Hondagneu-Sotelo, Rosa Maria Soriano Miras, Antonio Trinidad and Jenna Hennebry. Part III Sexuality and Sexual Violence: Young women in Tijuana and growing cohabitation rates, Norma Ojeda de la Pena-- Being a homosexual woman in the borderlands: stories told by couples living in Matamoros, Oscar Misael Hernandez-Hernandez-- The bodies of the trafficked, Helena Maleno. Part IV Women's Resistance and Collective Action: Associations, gender, and feminism in Tangier: a reflection on the current conditions of political change taking place in the Arab world, Mercedes Jimenez Alvarez-- The factor X experience: women with a dark soul, Marlene Solis-- Epilogue, Marianne Marchand. References-- Interviews-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Marlene SolA-s is currently a Researcher and Professor in the Department of Social Studies at El Colegio de la Frontera Norte (COLEF). She holds a PhD in social sciences with a specialty in regional studies from COLEF, and a Master's in urban development from El Colegio de Mexico (Mexico College).
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Gender in a global/local world
- 9781472455697 (hardback ; alkaline paper)
- 147245569X (hardback ; alkaline paper)
- 9781472455703 (electronic book)
- 9781472455710 (electronic book)
- 9781315584089 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: