Quench your own thirst : business lessons learned over a beer or two
- Jim Koch.
- audio file.
- New York : Flatiron Books, 
- Physical description
- 1 sound file : digital
At the library
- "Founder of The Boston Beer Company, brewer of Samuel Adams Boston Lager, and a key catalyst of the American craft beer revolution, Jim Koch offers his unique perspective when it comes to business, beer, and turning your passion into a successful company or career. In 1984, it looked like an unwinnable David and Goliath struggle: one guy against the mammoth American beer industry. When others scoffed at Jim Koch's plan to leave his consulting job and start a brewery that would challenge American palates, he chose a nineteenth-century family recipe and launched Samuel Adams. Now one of America's leading craft breweries, Samuel Adams has redefined the way Americans think about beer and helped spur a craft beer revolution. In Quench Your Own Thirst, Koch offers unprecedented insights into the whirlwind ride from scrappy start-up to thriving public company. His innovative business model and refreshingly frank stories offer counterintuitive lessons that you can apply to business and to life. Koch covers everything from finding your own Yoda to his theory on how a piece of string can teach you the most important lesson you'll ever learn about business. He also has surprising advice on sales, marketing, hiring, and company culture. Koch's anecdotes, quirky musings, and bits of wisdom go far beyond brewing. A fun, engaging guide for building a career or launching a successful business based on your passions, Quench Your Own Thirst is the key to the ultimate dream: being successful while doing what you love"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Electronic audio file.
- Read by Jim Koch.
- Electronic reproduction. New York Macmillan Audio 2016 Available via World Wide Web.
- 9781427279217 (electronic audio bk.)
- 9781427268198 electronic audio bk.
- 1427268193 electronic audio bk.
Browse related items
Start at call number: