Guild and La Croix Artrio Player Piano Collection
- approximately 1904-1930.
- Physical description
- 204 audio rolls
- piano (1) (total=1)
Also available at
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
Locked stacks: Ask at circulation desk
Item belongs to a collection
Supplemental materials, including item level inventories, for Archive of Recorded Sound Collections. These materials support collection finding aids and MARC records without item level description., Supplemental materials, including item level inventories, for Archive of Recorded Sound Collections. These materials support collection finding aids and MARC records without item level description.
- Digital collection
- 27 digital items
- Swilling, Frank, collector.
- Himmelreich, Ferdinand, instrumentalist.
- Cook, J. Lawrence (Jean Lawrence), 1899-1976, arranger of music.
- Arden, Victor, 1893-1962, instrumentalist.
- Leginska, Ethel instrumentalist.
- Berge, William E., instrumentalist.
- Kortlander, Max, 1890-1961, instrumentalist.
- Bauer, Harold, 1873-1951, instrumentalist.
- Wilcox & White Company.
- QRS Music Rolls, Inc.
- This collection contains reproducing and hand-played piano rolls, principally from the Artrio Angelus and QRS publisher labels. Pianists and arrangers of music include Ferdinand Himmelreich, J. Lawrence Cook, Victor Arden, Ethel Leginska, William E. Berge, Max Kortlander, Harold Bauer, and others.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least two business days in advance of intended use. Contact the Archive for assistance.
- Cite as
- Guild and La Croix Artrio Player Piano Collection, ARS-0166. Courtesy of Stanford Archive of Recorded Sound, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, CA.
- Property rights reside with repository. Publication and reproduction rights reside with the creators or their heirs. To obtain permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the Head Librarian of the Archive of Recorded Sound.
- Gift; Frank Swilling; 2014.
Browse related items
Start at call number: