A practical guide to software licensing for licensees and licensors
- H. Ward Classen.
- 6th edition.
- Chicago, IL : American Bar Association, Business Law Section, 2016.
- Physical description
- xiv, 834 pages ; 26 cm
- Classen, H. Ward, author.
- American Bar Association. Section of Business Law, issuing body.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The negotiation and contracting process
- Licensing software
- Terminology of a license grant (§ 3.1)
- Ancillary clauses
- Other important issues
- Types of licenses
- Cloud computing and hosting
- Free and open source software
- Shrink-wrap, click-wrap and browse-wrap licenses
- Applicability of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and the principles of law of software contracts
- Software development agreements
- Software development kit (SDK) licenses and application program interface (API) licenses
- Maintenance and support (forms J.1, J.2, and J.3) / (§§ 11, 16K)
- Data privacy and security issues arising from software licensing
- Confidentiality provisions and trade secret protection
- Escrow agreements
- Representing the global entity
- Bankruptcy issues
- Employee issues
- When problems arise
- Dispute resolution (§§ 29, 30)
- Best practices for contract drafting and successful implementation.
- Copyright > Computer programs > United States.
- Computer software > Law and legislation > United States.
- Copyright licenses > United States.
- License agreements > United States.
- Computer software > Law and legislation.
- Copyright > Computer programs.
- Copyright licenses.
- License agreements.
- United States.
- Publication date
- Other edition
- Revision of: Classen, H. Ward. Practical guide to software licensing for licensees and licensors. Fifth edition. Chicago, Illinois : American Bar Association, Business Law Section,  ( 9781614388074 )
- 9781634254007 (alk. paper)
- 1634254007 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: