American folksay ballads and dances [sound recording].
- analog; 78 rpm; coarse groove; mono
- Asch Records, [19--]
- Physical description
- 4 audio discs ; 10 in.
Also available at
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
Recordings Request via Aeon (opens in new tab)
|ASCH A 432||In-library use|
SAL3 (off-campus storage)
For use in Archive of Recorded Sound Request via Aeon (opens in new tab)
|ASCH A 432 COVER||In-library use|
- Hawes, Bess Lomax, 1921-2009.
- Hawes, Butch, 1919-1971 Performer
- Seeger, Pete, 1919-2014 Performer
- Terry, Sonny Performer
- Stewart, Alek. Performer
- Houston, Cisco. Performer
- Guthrie, Woody, 1912-1967 Performer
- White, Josh Performer
- Leadbelly, 1885-1949 Performer
- Mule skinner blues; work blues.--900 miles; railroad song.--Glory; spiritual.--Poor Lazarus; bad man ballad.--Don't lie, buddy; answer back song.--Biggest thing; nonsense ballad.--Cincy; country dance.--Who's gonna shoe your pretty little feet; Tennessee mountain song.
- Folk songs, English > United States.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Title from album cover.
- Spine title: Folksay--I, American folk songs and dances.
- Program notes and texts (16 p.) laid in album.
- Sung and played by Bess Lomax, Baldwin Hawes, Peter Seeger, Sonny Terry, Alex, Cisco Houston, Woody Guthrie, Josh White, and Lead Belly; with instrumental acc.
- Related Work
- Publisher number
- A 432 Asch Records