African biodiversity [digital] : molecules, organisms, ecosystems
- [edited by] Bernhard A. Huber, Bradley J. Sinclair, Karl-Heinz Lampe.
- New York : Springer, c2005.
- Physical description
- online resource (xx, 443 pages) : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm
- International Symposium on Tropical Biology (5th : 2004 : Bonn, Germany).
- Huber, Bernhard A. editor.
- Lampe, K.-H. (Karl-Heinz). editor.
- Sinclair, Bradley J. editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Complementarity of species distributions as a tool for prioritising conservation actions in Africa : testing the efficiency of using coarse-scale distribution data / J. Fjeldså, H. Tushabe
- Scorpion diversity and distribution in southern Africa : pattern and process / L. Prendini
- Madagascar as a model region for the study of tempo and pattern in adaptive radiations / M. Vences
- Commemorating Martin Eisentraut (1902-1994) - important explorer of tropical African vertebrates / W. Böhme
- Earwigs (Dermaptera:Insects) of Kenya : checklist and species new to Kenya / F. Haas ... [et al.]
- Morphometric differentiation in the East African grasshopper genus Afrophlaebo Jago,
- 1983 (Orthoptera:Acrididae) / A. Hochkirch
- Katydids and crickets (Orthoptera: Ensifera) of the Kakamega Forest Reserve, western Kenya / J. Holstein ... [et al.]
- Ecology and diversity of canopy associated Ceratocanthidae (Insecta:Coleoptera, Scarabaeoidea) in an Afrotropical rainforest / A. Ballerio, T. Wagner
- Human influence on the dung fauna in Afrotropical grasslands (Insecta:Coleoptera) / F.-T. Krell ... [et al.]
- Genuine Africans or Tertiary immigrants? : the genus Hydropsyche in the Afrotropical region (Insecta, Trichoptera:Hydropsychidae) / W. Mey
- Fruit-feeding butterfly communities of forest 'islands' in Ghana : survey completeness and correlates of spatial diversity / J.L. Bossart ... [et al.]
- Biogeography, diversity, and ecology of sawflies in the Afromontane region (Insecta: Symphyta) / F. Koch
- Diversity, distribution patterns, and endemism of southern African bees (Hymenoptera:Apoidea) / M. Kuhlmann
- Does grazing influence bee diversity? / C. Mayer
- The pholcid spiders of Africa (Araneae:Pholcidae) : state of knowledge and directions for future research / B.A. Huber
- West African fish diversity : distribution patterns and possible conclusions for conservation strategies / T. Moritz, K.E. Linsenmair
- Distribution and population density of the black-eared Malagasy poison frog, Mantella milotympanum Staniszewski,
- 1996 (Amphibia:Mantellidae) / D.R. Vieites ... [et al.]
- Amphibian and reptile diversity in the Southern Udzungwa Scarp Forest Reserve, south-eastern Tanzania / M. Menegon, S. Salvidio
- Interpreting morphological and molecular data on Indian Ocean giant tortoises / J. Gerlach
- Molecular systematics of African Colubroidea (Squamata:Serpentes) / Z.T. Nagy ... [et al.] --
- How to digitize large insect collections : preliminary results of the DIG project / K.-H. Lampe, D. Striebing
- Monitoring landcover changes of the Niger inland delta ecosystem (Mali) by means of ENVISAT-MERIS data / R. Seiler, E. Csaplovics, E. Vollmer
- Is geodiversity correlated to biodiversity? : a case study of the relationship between spatial heterogeneity of soil resources and tree diversity in a western Kenyan rainforest / W. Musila ... [et al.]
- Decline of woody species in the Sahel / A. Wezel
- Diversity over time and space in enset landraces (Ensete ventricosum) in Ethiopia / K. Zippel.
- Phylogeny and biogeography of Malagasy dwarf geckos, Lygodactylus Gray,
- 1864 : preliminary data from mitochondrial DNA sequences (Squamata:Gekkonidae) / M. Puente, M. Thomas, M. Vences
- Variability in a common species : the Lygodactylus capensis complex from southern and eastern Africa (Reptilia, Gekkonidae) / B. Röll
- Migration within and out of Africa : identifying knowledge gaps by data-mining the Global Register of Migratory Species / K. Riede
- Avifaunal responses to landscape-scale habitat fragmentation in the littoral forests of south-eastern Madagascar / J.E.M. Watson
- Use of satellite telemetry and remote sensing data to identify important habitats of migratory birds (Ciconia ciconia (Linnaeus 1758)) / B. Gerkmann, K. Riede
- Conservation priorities and geographical variation in flycatchers (Aves:Platysteiridae) in the Democratic Republic of Congo / M. Louette
- Rare weavers (Aves:Ploceidae) : are some Ploceus species hybrids? / A.J.F.K. Craig
- Historical determinants of mammal diversity in Africa : evolution of mammalian body mass distribution in Africa and South America during Neogene and Quaternary times / M. Nieto ... [et al.]
- Diversity and abundance of diurnal primates and forest antelopes in relation to habitat quality : a case study from the Udzungwa Mountains of Tanzania / F. Rovero, A.R. Marshall
- Small mammal diversity and reproduction along a transect in Namibia (BIOTA S 07) / P. Giere, U. Zeller
- Possible karyological affinities of small mammals from north of the Ethiopian Plateau / N. Sh. Bulatova, L.A. Lavrenchenko
- Geographic variation in the West African scaly-tailed squirrel Anomalurus pelii (Schlegel and Müller, 1845) and description of a new subspecies (Rodentia:Anomaluridae) / A.C. Schunke, R. Hutterer
- Middle ear ossicles as a diagnostic trait in African mole-rats (Rodentia:Bathyergidae) / S. Lange ... [et al.]
- Community analysis of Muridae (Mammalia, Rodentia) diversity in Guinea : a special emphasis on Mastomys species and Lassa fever distributions / C. Denys ... [et al.]
- Effects of different land use on the parasite burden and MHC constitution of two rodent species (Gerbillurus paeba, Rhabdomys pumilio) in the southern Kalahari desert / R. Harf, G. Froeschke, S. Sommer
- An assessment of the systematics of the genus Desmomys Thomas,
- 1910 (Rodentia:Muridae) using mitochondrial DNA sequences / L.A. Lavrenchenko, E. Verheyen
- Integrative taxonomy and phylogenetic systematics of the genets (Carnivora, Viverridae, Genetta) : a new classification of the most speciose carnivoran genus in Africa / P. Gaubert, P.J. Taylor, G. Veron --
- Publication date
- Proceedings of the Fifth International Symposium on Tropical Biology.
- 0387243151 (hd.bd.)
- 9780387243153 (hd.bd.)
- 9780387243207 (digital)
Browse related items
Start at call number: