- Ellen F. Manzullo, Carmen Esther Gonzalez, Carmen P. Escalante, Sai-Ching J. Yeung, editors.
- New York : Springer, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xiii, 406 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- M.D. Anderson cancer care series.
- Neurologic Emergencies
- Metabolic and Endocrine Oncologic Emergencies
- Cardiac Emergencies in Cancer Patients
- Pulmonary and Airway Emergencies
- Gastrointestinal Emergencies in the Oncology Patient
- Nephro-urologic Emergencies in Patients with Cancer
- Rheumatologic/Orthopedic Emergencies
- Cancer Care Ethics in the Emergency Center
- Emergencies in Infectious Diseases
- Hematologic Emergencies
- Chemotherapy-Related Emergencies
- Palliative Care in the Emergency Center
- Psychiatric Emergencies
- Obstetric and Gynecologic Emergencies in Cancer Patients
- Dermatologic Emergencies
- Ophthalmologic Emergencies.
- This new resource on managing oncologic emergencies is directed at all health care professionals who care for patients with cancer or survivors. Edited and written by clinician-experts at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, the book covers the full range of oncologic emergencies, from cardiac and neurologic to orthopedic to hematologic, and addresses important palliative care, ethical, and Emergency Department considerations. Chapters are structured with busy clinicians in emergent and urgent settings in mind, and each chapter concludes with a series of key practice points and a list of suggested readings for those who wish to delve deeper into a subject. For any clinician facing the increasing number of patients who experience an oncologic emergency, this is an up-to-date, clinically focused, and authoritative resource.
- Emergency medicine.
- Cancer > Complications.
- Medical emergencies.
- Neoplasms > complications
- Emergency Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Médecine d'urgence.
- Cancer > Complications et séquelles.
- Urgences médicales.
- Clinical & internal medicine.
- Accident & emergency medicine.
- HEALTH & FITNESS > Diseases > General.
- MEDICAL > Clinical Medicine.
- MEDICAL > Diseases.
- MEDICAL > Evidence-Based Medicine.
- MEDICAL > Internal Medicine.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- MD Anderson Cancer care series
- Includes index.
- 9781493931880 (electronic bk.)
- 1493931881 (electronic bk.)