Urban tribes : Native Americans in the city
- edited by Lisa Charleyboy and Mary Beth Leatherdale.
- English. Text in English.
- Toronto, Ontario : Annick Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 136 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 25 cm
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|E98 .U72 U73 2015||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Tribal citizens. Rooted in culture / Tyson Atleo
- Food with thought / Chantal Rondeau and Thosh Collins
- Ceremony in the city / Tasha Spillett
- Mohawk in Manhattan / Kawennáhere Devery Jacobs
- Community within a community / Charlene Johnny-Wadsworth
- Long-distance rez romance / Breanna Doucette-Garr
- Shattering stereotypes. Perception photo series / K.C. Adams
- Reading, writing, and racing / Neebin Ishkoday
- Stealing health / Jessica Metcalfe
- Mob bounce: red rage / Heebz the Earthchild and Craigy Craig
- Love you some Indians / Roanna Shebala
- Artistic freedom / Nicholas Galanin
- Building bridges. City girls / Tenille Campbell
- What it means to be an aboriginal student today / Stephanie Willsey
- Dear Native college student: you are loves / Dr. Adrienne Keene
- Native networker / Gabrielle Scrimshaw
- Telling our stories / Michael Woestehoff
- Native renaissance. Art and activism in Indian Alley
- In our way / Saffron Thomas
- One world / Skaruianewah Logan
- Speaking up / iskwé
- NDN innovator / Tatanka Means
- Edgewaters / Jessica Bolduc.
- ["Young, urban Natives share their diverse stories, shattering stereotypes and powerfully illustrating how Native culture and values can survive -- and enrich -- city life. --Publisher"]
- Indigenous peoples > Urban residence > Canada > Juvenile literature.
- Indians of North America > Urban residence > United States > Juvenile literature.
- Indigenous youth > Canada > Social conditions > Juvenile literature.
- Indian youth > United States > Social conditions > Juvenile literature.
- Indigenous youth > Canada > Biography > Juvenile literature.
- Indian youth > United States > Biography > Juvenile literature.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Issued also in electronic format.
- 9781554517503 (paperback)
- 1554517508 (paperback)
- 9781554517510 (hardcover)
- 1554517516 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: