Anna and the Swallow Man
- Gavriel Savit.
- First edition.
- New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 2016.
- Physical description
- 232 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PS3619 .A89 A56 2016||Unknown|
- Savit, Gavriel author.
When her university professor father is sent by the Gestapo to a concentration camp, seven-year-old Anna travels the Polish countryside with the mysterious Swallow Man during World War II.
- Krakȯw, 1939. Anna Łania is just seven years old when the Germans take her father, a linguistics professor, during their purge of intellectuals in Poland. She's alone until she meets the Swallow Man. He is a skilled deceiver with more than a little magic up his sleeve. And when the soldiers in the streets look at him, they see what he wants them to see. Over the course of their travels together, Anna and the Swallow Man will dodge bombs, tame soldiers, and even, despite their better judgment, make a friend. But in a world gone mad, everything can prove dangerous. Even the Swallow Man.
- Publication date
- 9780553513349 (hardback) : $17.99
- 0553513346 (hardback) : $17.99
- 9780553522068 (library binding)
- 055352206X (library binding)
- 9780553522075 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: