Critical examinations of school violence and disturbance in K-12 education
- Gordon A. Crews, editor.
- Hershey, Pennsylvania (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033, USA) : IGI Global, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (322 pages) : illustrations.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- A brief history of school violence and disturbance in America
- Sheri Jenkins Keenan, Jeffrey P. Rush
- The evolution of securing the American K-12 educational environment with armed police officers
- Jiletta Kubena, J. Harrison Watts
- The impact of mass incarceration and social issues of institutionalization on school violence in youths
- Stephen C. Stanko, Gordon A. Crews
- The interrelationships of politicization of school shootings, focal concerns, and racial disproportionality in school discipline policies
- Denise D. Nation, Dawn X. Henderson, Jack S. Monell
- State-level cyberbullying policy: variations in containing a digital problem
- Ramona Sue McNeal, Susan M. Kunkle, Lisa Dotterweich Bryan
- The characteristics and typologies of school violence perpetrators
- Patricia Goforth
- Analyzing the impact of LGBTQ lifestyles amongst school-aged youth in America
- Erica Hutton
- Sometimes they come back: examining the threat of associated and non-associated and
- or mentally ill school violence perpetrators
- Gordon A. Crews
- Impact of zero tolerance policies on American K-12 education and alternative school models
- Margaret Tseng, Corey Alexander Becker
- Racial disproportionalities in discipline: the role of zero tolerance policies
- F. Chris Curran
- Stolen voices: critical theoretical perspective on school violence
- Icarbord Tshabangu --
- Plausible solutions to school violence and disturbance in America
- Peter A. Barone
- Response to school violence
- Roger Neal McIntyre Jr., Lorna L. Alvarez-Rivera, T. Chris Owens
- The RSVP model: lifting the veil on school violence
- Jayne M. Leh
- A second chance: delinquency prevention among special education students
- Christine S. Barrow.
"This book is an authoritative reference source for the latest research on youth violence in schools, offering a thorough analysis of contributing factors to such incidents and possible solutions to prevent future occurrences"--.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Also available in print.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781466699366 electronic
- 9781466699359 print