Utilizing virtual and personal learning environments for optimal learning
- Krista Terry and Amy Cheney, editors.
- Hershey, Pennsylvania (701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033, USA) : IGI Global, 
- Physical description
- PDFs (375 pages) : illustrations.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Eight years of utilizing virtual worlds for education: a view from the trenches / Stefan Schutt, Dale Linegar
- Teacher perceptions of the practicality and effectiveness of immersive ecological simulations / Shari J. Metcalf [and 5 others]
- Students as designers of virtual world learning environments / Lisa Jacka, Kate Booth
- Teacher-created augmented reality experiences: an international perspective / Patrick O'Shea, Daniel Curry-Corcoran
- Using massively multiplayer role playing games (MMORPGs) to support second language learning: a case study of the student journey / Rebecca Strachan, Isara Kongmee, Alison Pickard
- Participation and interaction in learning environments: a whole-network analysis / Oskar Casquero [and 3 others]
- Trajectory of an institutional PLE in higher education based on an e-portfolios system / Jesús Salinas , Victoria I. Marín
- Applying e-portfolio evaluation criteria to the blackboard LMS E-portfolio / Gary F. McKenna, Gavin J. Baxter, Thomas Hainey
- Revisiting the effects and affordances of virtual manipulatives for mathematics learning / Patricia S. Moyer-Packenham, Arla Westenskow
- Identity, citizenship, and moral constructs from the virtual self / Stewart Martin
- Facilitating communities of practice in online immersive learning environments / Krista Terry [and 4 others]
- A research lens for studying power in learning games: critical ciné-ethnography / Scott Joseph Warren, Jonathan S. Gratch
- Design-based research with AGILE sprints to produce MUVES in vocational education / Todd Cochrane, Niki E. Davis, Julie Mackey.
- Publisher's summary
The integration of emerging technologies in higher education presents a new set of challenges and opportunities for educators. With a growing need for customized lesson plans in online education, educators are rethinking the design and development of their learning environments. Utilizing Virtual and Personal Learning Environments for Optimal Learning expertly combines informative chapters and relevant case studies on the effective use of technology to enhance online education for students of varying learning styles and abilities. This publication is an essential reference source for educators, researchers, professionals, and upper-level students with an interest in leveraging digital technologies and virtual environments to enhance personalization in learning. This publication features timely research and case studies focused on online teaching and learning techniques in higher education including immersive technologies, research methodologies, and pedagogical designs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- Also available in print.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781466688483 electronic
- 9781466688476 print
Browse related items
Start at call number: