In the shadow of Clinch Mountain [sound recording]
- Carter Family.
- Hambergen, Germany : Bear Family Records, p2000.
- Physical description
- 12 sound discs : digital ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 book (219 p. : ill. ; 31 cm)
Library has: CD 1-
12 + 1 booklet
|MCD 27990 BOOKLET||Unknown|
|MCD 27990 CD 1-3||Unknown|
|MCD 27990 CD 4-6||Unknown|
|MCD 27990 CD 7-9||Unknown|
|MCD 27990 CD 10-12||Unknown|
- CD1: Bury me under the weeping willow ; Little log cabin by the sea ; The poor orphan child ; The storms are on the ocean ; Single girl, married girl ; The wandering boy ; Meet me by the moonlight ; Little darling pal of mine ; Keep on the sunny side ; Anchored in love ; John Hardy was a desperate little man ; I ain't goin' to work tomorrow ; Will you miss me when I'm gone? ; River of Jordan ; Chewing gum ; Wildwood flower ; I have no one to love me (but the sailor on the deep blue sea) ; Forsaken love ; Sweet fern ; My Clinch Mountain home ; God gave Noah the rainbow sign ; I'm thinking tonight of my blue eyes ; Little Moses ; Lulu Wall ; The grave on the green hillside --CD 2: Don't forget this song ; The foggy mountain top ; Bring back my blue eyed boy to me ; Diamonds in the rough ; Engine on-forty-three ; The homestead on the farm ; The cyclone of Rye Cove ; Motherless children ; When the roses bloom in dixieland ; No telephone in heaven ; Western hobo ; Carter's blues ; Wabash cannonball ; A distant land to roam ; Jimmie Brown, the newsboy ; Kitty waltz ; Fond affection ; The cannonball ; The lover's farewell ; There's someone awaiting for me ; The little log hut in the lane ; When the springtime comes again ; When the world's on fire ; I have an aged mother ; The dying soldier ; Worried man blues
- CD3: Lonesome valley ; On the rock where Moses stood ; Room in heaven for me ; Lonesome pine special ; No more the moon shines on Lorena ; On my way to Canaan's land ; Where shall i be? ; Sow 'em on the mountain (reap 'em in the valley) ; Darling Nellie across the sea ; The birds were singing of you ; Weary prodigal son ; My old cottage home ; When I'm gone ; Sunshine in the shadows ; Let the church roll on ; Lonesome for you ; Can't feel at home ; Why there's a tear in my eye / with Jimmie Rodgers ; The wonderful city / with Jimmie Rodgers ; Jimmie rodgers visits the Carter Family / with Jimmie Rodgers ; The Carter Family and Jimmie Rodgers in Texas / with Jimmie Rodgers ; 'Mid the green fields of Virginia ; Happiest days of all ; Picture on the wall ; Amber tresses
- CD 4: I never loved but one ; Tell me that you loved me ; Where we'll never grow old ; We will march through the streets of the city ; Sweet as the flowers in may time ; Will the roses bloom in heaven ; My little home in Tennessee ; The sun of the soul ; If one won't another one will ; The broken hearted lover ; Two sweethearts ; The winding stream ; I won't mind dying ; The spirit of love watches over me ; The church in the wildwood ; Give me roses while i live ; I never will marry ; On the sea of Galilee ; Home by the sea ; When the roses come again ; I loved you better than you knew ; This is like heaven to me ; See that my grave is kept green ; Over the garden wall ; Gold watch and chain ; School house on the hill
- CD 5: Will my mother know me there? ; Faded flowers ; Poor little orphaned boy ; On a hill one and gray ; Cowboy Jack ; I'll be all smiles tonight ; Away out on the old Saint Sabbeth ; Darling little Joe ; Happy or lonesome ; One little word ; Darling daises ; The East Virginia blues ; Lover's return ; It'll aggravate your soul ; Hello central, give me heaven ; I'm working on a building ; You've been fooling me, baby ; Longing for old Virginia ; March winds gonna blow my blues all away ; There'll be joy, joy, joy ; Home in Tennessee ; Are you tired of me, my darling? ; I cannot be your sweetheart ; My heart's tonight in Texas ; There's no hinding place down here ; Cowboy's wild song to his herd
- CD 6: The evening bells are ringing ; The mountains of Tennessee ; I'll be home someday ; Faded coat of blue ; Sailor boy ; Glory to the lamb ; Behind those stone walls ; Sinking in the lonesome sea ; He took a white rose from her hair ; Can the circle be unbroken (bye and bye) ; Let's be lovers again ; Your mother still prays (for you, Jack) ; Kissing is a crime ; Don't forget me little darling ; Sad and lonesome day ; By the touch of her hand ; East Virginia blues ; My old Virginia home ; My Virginia rose is blooming ; My texas girl ; No other's bride I'll be ; Gathering flowers from the hillside ; Gospel ship ; The little black train ; Keep on the sunny side ; River of Jordan
- CD 7: Lonesome valley ; God gave Noah the rainbow ; Single girl, married girl ; The fate of Dewey Lee ; Wildwood flower ; Sea of Galilee ; Don't forget this song ; My Clinch Mountain home ; The storms are on the ocean ; Will you miss me when i'm gone? ; Broken hearted lover ; Little darling pal of mine ; The homestead on the farm ; Cannon ball blues ; Meet me by the moonlight ; On the rock where Moses stood ; Lulu Walls ; I'm thinking tonight of my blue eyes ; Worried man blues ; My dixie darlling ; Give me your love and I'll give you mine ; Are you lonesome tonight? ; The last move for me ; The wayworn traveler ; Just another broken heart ; When silver threads are gold again
- CD8: There's no one like mother to me ; In a little village churchyard ; Jealous hearted me ; My native home ; Sweet heaven in my view ; No depression in heaven ; Bonnie blue eyes ; My honey Lou ; In the shadow of the pines ; Answer to weeping willow ; You've been a friend to me ; Where the silvery Colorado wends its way ; Lay my head beneath the rose ; No depression in heaven ; My native home ; Jealous hearted me ; A distant land to roam ; I'm working on a building ; East Virginia blues ; Dixie darling ; Keep on the sunny side ; Kissin' is a crime ; Single girl, married girl ; Little darling pal of mine ; Lonesome valley ; Cannon ball blues ; Happy or lonesome
- CD 9: Are you lonesome tonight? ; Just another broken heart ; The broken down tramp ; Lover's lane ; Hold fast to the right ; Lord I'm in your care ; Funny when you feel that way ; In the shadow of Clinch Mountain ; Hello stranger ; Never let the devil get the upper hand of you ; When this evening sun goes down ; Jim Blake's message ; Honey in the rock ; Look how this world has made a change ; The little girl that playedon my knee ; You better let that liar alone ; Farewell Nellie ; The only girl (i ever cared about) ; Goodbye to the plains ; My home's across the Blue Ridge Mountains ; Dark haired true lover ; He never came back ; Happy in the prison ; Walking in the King's Highway ; St. Regious girl ; Just a few more days --CD 10: Bring back my boy ; It is better farther on ; Charlie and Nellie ; Cuban soldier ; The heart that was broken for me ; You're nothing more to me ; Stern old bachelor ; Little Joe ; Reckless motorman ; You denied your love ; Oh, take me back ; You are my flower ; Who's that knockin' on my window ; They call her mother ; Coal miner's blues ; Young Freda Bolt ; Little poplar log house on the hill ; The dying mother ; Buddies in the saddle ; Heaven's radio ; Beautiful home ; There'll be no distinction there ; Give him one more as he goes ; Lonesome for you darling ; Blackie's gunman ; You've got to righten that wrong ; Meeting in the air ; My home among the hills
- CD 11: Black Jack David ; Look away from the cross ; We shall rise ; I found you among the roses ; Bear Creek blues ; I'll never forsake you ; Beautiful isle o'er the sea ; It's a long long road to travel alone ; Why do you cry, little darling ; You tied a love knot in my heart ; Lonesome homesick blues ; Dark and stormy weather ; In the valley of the Shenandoah ; Girl on the Greenbrier shore ; Something got a hold of me ; Fifty miles of elbow room ; Keep on the firing line ; The wave on the sea ; The rambling boy ; You're gonna be sorry you let me down ; Why there's a tear in my eye (alternate take) ; Jimmie Rodgers visits the carter family (alternate take) ; Sinking in the lonesome sea (alternate take) ; Lonesome valley (alternate take) ; Cannon ball blues (alternate take) ; Worried man blues (alternate take) ; [I wish I was a single girl again] / [Lulubelle & Scotty Carter]
- CD 12: Sara & Maybelle Carter interview, april 24 ; The ship that never returned ; Jesse James ; I was born 4000 years ago ; I'm leaving you ; Mother Maybelle Carter interview.
- Publication date
- "Here are all of the Carters' recordings for Victor, ARC, Decca, APS, Columbia and Bluebird complete for the first time"--Container.
- Compact discs.
- In 4 containers.
- Book includes historical notes by Charles K. Wolfe, photographs, lyrics and discography.
- A.P. Carter, vocals ; Sara Carter, vocals, autoharp, guitar ; Maybelle Carter, vocals, guitar, steel guitar, mandolin ; Jimmie Rodgers, vocals.
- Recorded Aug. 1, 1927-Oct. 14, 1941, principally in Bristol, Tenn., Camden, N.J., and New York City.
- Publisher Number
- BCD 15865 LK Bear Family Records
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: