India _ West Coast : Chart of the Coasts of Sindh and Kutch including the Gulf of Kutch
- Surveyed by Lieut. A M. Grieve I.N. assisted by Lieut. C.Y. Ward ; Messrs. Lamb, Barker, Brazier, Shairp, and Stiffe Midn. H.C.B. Palinurus 1848-50 ; ...from Minora to Ras Muári surveyed by Captain T.G. Carless I.N. ; Gulf of Kutch eastward of Mandavee and Bate Id. by Lieut. A.D. Taylor I.N. ; coast of Katiawar below Dwarka by Lieutenants Grieve & Constable I.N. ; Published by John Walker Geographer to the Honble. East India Company ; Engraved by J & C Walker.
- Corrected at the Admiralty [to] Aug. 67.
- [London?] : John Walker, 1853.
- Physical description
- 1 chart : mounted on linen ; 64 x 79 cm, folded to 22 x 16 cm
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G7643 .S5 P5 1867 .W3||In-library use|
- Coasts > Pakistan > Sindh > Kachchh (India) > Maps > 19th century.
- Navigation > Arabian Sea > Kachchh, Gulf of (India) > Nautical Charts > 19th century.
- Sindh (Pakistan) > Maps > 19th century.
- Kachchh (India) > Maps > 19th century.
- Kachchh, Gulf of (India) > Nautical Charts > 19th century.
- India > Maps > 19th century.
- 19th century.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Panel title : Chart of the Coast of Sindh and Kutch
- Map Data
- Scale [approximately 1:370,000] (E 65°30ʹ00ʺ--E 70°35ʹ00ʺ/N 24°58ʹ00ʺ--N 21°15ʹ00ʺ).
- Depths shown by soundings and lines; relief by hachures and spot heights
- "Magnetic variation in 1866, nearly stationary"
- Includes tidal information
- Shows coastal topography and vegetation, shoals, drainage, low water areas
- "Sold by J.D. Potter Agent for the Admiralty Charts 31 Poultry and 11 King Street Tower Hill"
Browse related items
Start at call number: