India _ West Coast : Chart of the Coasts of Sindh and Kutch including the Gulf of Kutch
- Surveyed by Lieut. A M. Grieve I.N. assisted by Lieut. C.Y. Ward ; Messrs. Lamb, Barker, Brazier, Shairp, and Stiffe Midn. H.C.B. Palinurus 1848-50 ; ...from Minora to Ras Muári surveyed by Captain T.G. Carless I.N. ; Gulf of Kutch eastward of Mandavee and Bate Id. by Lieut. A.D. Taylor I.N. ; coast of Katiawar below Dwarka by Lieutenants Grieve & Constable I.N. ; Published by John Walker Geographer to the Honble. East India Company ; Engraved by J & C Walker.
- Corrected at the Admiralty [to] Aug. 67.
- [London?] : John Walker, 1853.
- Physical description
- 1 chart : mounted on linen ; 64 x 79 cm, folded to 22 x 16 cm
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|G7643 .S5 P5 1867 .W3||In-library use|
- Coasts > Pakistan > Sindh > Kachchh (India) > Maps > 19th century.
- Navigation > Arabian Sea > Kachchh, Gulf of (India) > Nautical Charts > 19th century.
- Sindh (Pakistan) > Maps > 19th century.
- Kachchh (India) > Maps > 19th century.
- Kachchh, Gulf of (India) > Nautical Charts > 19th century.
- India > Maps > 19th century.
- 19th century.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Panel title : Chart of the Coast of Sindh and Kutch
- Map Data
- Scale [approximately 1:370,000] (E 65°30ʹ00ʺ--E 70°35ʹ00ʺ/N 24°58ʹ00ʺ--N 21°15ʹ00ʺ).
- Depths shown by soundings and lines; relief by hachures and spot heights
- "Magnetic variation in 1866, nearly stationary"
- Includes tidal information
- Shows coastal topography and vegetation, shoals, drainage, low water areas
- "Sold by J.D. Potter Agent for the Admiralty Charts 31 Poultry and 11 King Street Tower Hill"
Browse related items
Start at call number: