India _ West Coast : Gulf of Kutch
- Surveyed by Lieutenant Alfred D. Taylor, I.N. Assisted by Lieutenant R.W. Whish, W.H. Barker, Mate I.N. A.W. Stiffe & A. Macaulay, Midn. I.N. 1851_2 ; Westward of Mandavee is from the Surveys of Lieuts. Selby & Grieve and westward of Okha Point to Dwarka from Lieut. Constable I.N. ; Published by John Walker, Geographer to the Honble. East India Company ; Engraved by J. & C. Walker.
- Corrected at the Admiralty March 1866.
- [London?] : John Walker, 1855.
- Physical description
- 1 chart : mounted on linen ; 62 x 96 cm, folded to 22 x 16 cm
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|G7652 .K3 P5 1866 .W3||In-library use|
- Navigation > India > Kachchh, Gulf of > Nautical Charts > 19th century.
- Coasts > India > Kachchh, Gulf of (India) > Nautical Charts > 19th century.
- Kachchh, Gulf of (India) > Nautical Charts > 19th century.
- India > Maps > 19th century.
- 19th century.
- CUTCH, India (Coasts) > 1897.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Panel Title : India West Coast : Gulf of Kutch
- Map Data
- Scale not given. (E 68°38ʹ00ʺ--E 70°28ʹ30ʺ/N 23°17ʹ30ʺ--N 22°12ʹ00ʺ).
- Depth shown by soundings and lines; relief by hachures and spot heights
- Magnetic variation compasses ("in 1866, nearly stationary")
- Includes tidal information
- Shows coasts, shoals, islands, drainage, farmland, coastal topography, buildings
- "Sold by J.D. Potter, Agent for the Admiralty Charts 31 Poultry and 11 King Street, Tower Hill"
Browse related items
Start at call number: