West Coast of India. Sheet IV, From Kundari to Boria Pagoda [cartographic material]
- Surveyed by Lieuts: R. Williams & E.L. Seaton. I.N. assisted by F.B. Girdlestone & F.W.T. Willaume I.N. 1861 ; ...under the Superintendence of Captn. G.H. Richards. R.N., F.R.S. Hydrographer ; Engraved by E. Stanford ; the Outer Soundings are principally from the Chart of 1850 by Lieutts. W.B. Selby & R.W. Whish I.N.
- London, England : Admiralty Hydrographic Office, 1867.
- Physical description
- 1 chart : mounted on linen ; folded to 24.5 x 19 cm
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|G7653 .M3 P5 1867 .G7||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Title appears on chart as : Sheet IV : West Coast of India from Kundari to Boria Pagoda
- Map Data
- Scale not given. (E 72°35ʹ00ʺ--E 73°13ʹ00ʺ/N 18°43ʹ00ʺ--N 17°24ʹ00ʺ).
- Depths shown by soundings and lines; relief by hachures and spot heights
- Magnetic variation compasses
- Shows coasts, shoals, reefs, drainage, coastal topography and vegetation, farmland, buildings
- "Sold by J.D. Potter, Agent for the Admiralty Charts, 31, Poultry & 11, Kings St., Tower Hill"
- Stanford copy is 109 x 49 cm, possibly cut in half (although entire coast is shown).
- Other edition
- [Sheet IV. West Coast of India, from Kundari to Boria Pagoda. Surveyed by Lieut. R. Williams ... 1861. [Admiralty Chart]]. London, 1882
Browse related items
Start at call number: