First Test Results of the bERLinPro 2-cell Booster Cavities [electronic resource]
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Nuclear Physics ; Oak Ridge, Tenn. : distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2015
- Physical description
- 3 p. : digital, PDF file.
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.). Researcher
- United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Nuclear Physics. Sponsor
- United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information. Distributor
- Kneisel, Peter Author
- Ciovati, Gianluigi Author
- Turlington, Larry Author
- Burrill, Andrew Author
- Clemens, William Author
- Anders, W. Author
- Knobloch, Jens Author
- Neumann, Axel Author
- Frahm, A. Author
- The bERLinPro Energy Recovery Linac (ERL) is currently being built at Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin in order to study the physics of operating a high-current, a 100 mA, 50 MeV ERL utilizing all SRF cavity technology. This machine will utilize three unique SRF cryomodules for the photoinjector, booster and linac cryomodules respectively. The focus of this paper will be on the cavities contained within the booster cryomodule. Here there will be three 2-cell SRF cavities, based on the original design by Cornell University, but optimized to meet the needs of the project. All of the cavity fabrication, processing and testing was carried out at Jefferson Laboratory, where 4 cavities were produced, and the 3 cavities with the best RF performance were fitted with helium vessels for installation in the cryomodule. This paper will report on the test results of the cavities as measured in the vertical testing dewar at JLab after fabrication and again after outfitting with the helium vessels.
- Publication date
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- " doe/or/23177--3529"
- IPAC 2015, Richmond, VA (United States), 3-8 May 2015.
- Kneisel, Peter; Ciovati, Gianluigi; Turlington, Larry; Burrill, Andrew; Clemens, William; Anders, W.; Knobloch, Jens; Neumann, Axel; Frahm, A.
- Funding Information