Memorials of Harriet Martineau by Maria Weston Chapman
- edited by Deborah A. Logan.
- Bethlehem : Lehigh University Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xi, 547 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 511-514) and index.
- Contents Abbreviations Acknowledgements Introduction to the Volume Notes on the Text Text of Memorials of Harriet Martineau by Maria Weston Chapman Appendix A. Unpublished Letters by Harriet Martineau Appendix B. Unpublished Materials by Maria Weston Chapman Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Memorials of Harriet Martineau by Maria Weston Chapman was published in 1877 as volume three of Harriet Martineau's Autobiography. The volume consists of primary materials written by Martineau that are available nowhere else, published or archival, along with memorials of Martineau by prominent people of the era. This is the first scholarly edition of the Memorials-a biography of one of the foremost intellectual women of the nineteenth century, told primarily in her own words.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781611462159 (cloth ; alk. paper)
- 1611462150 (cloth ; alk. paper)
- 9781611462166 (electronic)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: