Applications of biotechnology in oncology
- Kewal K. Jain.
- New York : Humana Press, 
- Physical description
- online resource (xxxviii, 855 pages) : illustrations
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Molecular biology of cancer
- 2. Oncogenomics
- 3. Sequencing in cancer
- 4. Oncoproteomics
- 5. Biomarkers of cancer
- 6. Molecular diagnosis of cancer
- 7. Cancer immunotherapy : vaccines
- 8. Monoclonal antibodies and cancer
- 9. Nanooncology
- 10. Cell therapy of cancer
- 11. Gene therapy of cancer
- 12. Role of RNAi in cancer
- 13. Role of microRNAs in cancer
- 14. Biotechnology in drug discovery and development for cancer
- 15. Role of biotechnology in drug delivery for cancer
- 16. Personalized cancer therapy.
- Applications of Biotechnology in Oncology collects key writings by Kewal K. Jain on the most important contributions of biotechnology to cancer research, particularly to the molecular diagnosis of cancer and drug delivery in cancer for personalized management of patients. Basics of various -omics technologies and their application in oncology are described as oncogenomics and oncoproteomics. This detailed volume also explores molecular diagnostics, nanobiotechnology, cell and gene therapies, as well as personalized oncology. With approximately one thousand selected references from recent literature on this topic and numerous tables and figures, Applications of Biotechnology in Oncology serves as an ideal reference for oncologists, scientists involved in research on cancer biology, and physicians in various specialties who deal with cancer.
- Publication date
- 1461492440 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1461492459 (electronic bk.)
- 9781461492443 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781461492450 (eBook)