Global and regional estimates of violence against women : prevalence and health effects of intimate partner violence and non-partner sexual violence
- written by Claudia García-Moreno, Christina Pallitto, Karen Devries, Heidi Stöckl, Charlotte Watts, and Naeemah Abrahams.
- Geneva, Switzerland : World Health Organization, 
- Physical description
- vi, 50 pages : illustrations, color maps ; 30 cm
- García-Moreno, Claudia. author.
- Abrahams, Naeema author.
- Devries, Karen. author.
- Pallitto, Christina. author.
- Stöckl, Heidi, 1980- author.
- Watts, Charlotte (Epidemiologist). author.
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. sponsor.
- South African Medical Research Council. sponsor.
- World Health Organization sponsor.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 37-43).
- 1. Methodology
- 2. Results : lifetime prevalence estimates
- 3. Results : the health effects of intimate partner violence and non-partner sexual violence
- 4. Summary and conclusions.
- "The report presents the first global systematic review of scientific data on the prevalence of two forms of violence against women: violence by an intimate partner (intimate partner violence) and sexual violence by someone other than a partner (non-partner sexual violence). It shows, for the first time, global and regional estimates of the prevalence of these two forms of violence, using data from around the world. Previous reporting on violence against women has not differentiated between partner and non-partner violence."--Website.
- Battered Women
- Domestic Violence
- Sex Offenses > statistics & numerical data
- Spouse Abuse > statistics & numerical data
- Sexual Partners
- Women's Health
- Women's Health Services
- Abused women.
- Sex crimes.
- Sexual abuse victims.
- Women > Violence against.
- Women > Crimes against.
- Asia, Southeastern
- Middle East
- Pacific Area
- Intimate partner violence
- Marital rape
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Prevalence and health effects of intimate partner violence and non-partner sexual violence
- "World Health Organization, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, South African Medical Research Council"--Title page.
Browse related items
Start at call number: