Operator semigroups meet complex analysis, harmonic analysis and mathematical physics
- Wolfgang Arendt, Ralph Chill, Yuri Tomilov, editors.
- [Basel] : Birkhäuser ; Cham ; New York : Springer, 
- Physical description
- vii, 496 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Operator theory, advances and applications ; v. 250.
- Operator theory, advances and applications. Advances in partial differential equations.
- Operator theory, advances and applications. Linear operators and linear systems.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA329 .O567 2015||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Polynomial internal and external stability of well-posed linear systems / E.M. Ait Benhassi, S. Boulite, L. Maniar and R. Schnaubelt
- Minimal primal ideals in the multiplier algebra of a Co(X)-algebra / R.J. Archbold and D.W.B. Somerset
- Countable spectrum, transfinite induction and stability / W. Arendt
- Maximal regularity in interpolation spaces for second-order cauchy problems / C.J.K. Batty, R. Chill and S. Srivastava
- Stability of quantum dynamical semigroups / B. V. Rajarama Bhat and S. Srivastava
- Families of operators describing diffusion through permeable membranes / A. Bobrowski
- Multiscale unique continuation properties of eigenfunctions / D. Borisov, I. Nakić, C. Rose, M. Tautenhahn and I. Veselić
- Dichotomy results for norm estimates in operator semigroups / I. Chalendar, J. Esterle and J.R. Partington
- Estimates on non-uniform stability for bounded semigroups / T. Duyckaerts
- Convergence of the dirichlet-to-neumann operator on varying domains / A.F.M. ter Elst and E.M. Ouhabaz
- A banach algebra approach to the weak spectral mapping theorem for locally compact abelian groups / J. Esterle and E. Fašangová
- Regularity properties of sectorial operators : counterexamples and open problems / St. Fackler
- Global existence results for the navier-stokes equations in the rotational framework in fourier-besov spaces / D. Fang, B. Han and M. Hieber
- Some operator bounds employing complex interpolation revisited / F. Gesztesy, Y. Latushkin, F. Sukochev and Yu. Tomilov
- Power-bounded invertible operators and invertible isometries on Lp spaces / T.A. Gillespie
- Generation of subordinated holomorphic semigroups via yosida's theorem / A. Gomilko and Yu. Tomilov
- A quantitative coulhon-lamberton theorem / T.P. Hytonen
- An analytic family of contractions generated by the volterra operator / L. Khadkhuu, D. Tsedenbayar and J. Zemánek
- Lattice dilations of bistochastic semigroups / L.J. Konrad
- Domains of fractional powers of matrix-valued operators : a general approach / I. Lasiecka and R. Triggiani
- General mazur-Ulam type theorems and some applications / L. Molnár
- Traces of non-regular vector fields on lipschitz domains / S. Monniaux
- The Lp-Poincaré inequality for analytic ornstein-uhlenbeck semigroups / J. van Neerven
- A murray-von neumann type classification of C*-algebras / C.-K. Ng and N.-C. Wong
- Well-posedness via monotonicity : an overview / R. Picard, S. Trostorff and M. Waurick
- Perturbations of exponential dichotomies for hyperbolic evolution equations / J. Prüss
- Gaussian and non-gaussian behaviour of diffusion processes / D.W. Robinson
- Functional calculus for C₀-semigroups using infinite-dimensional systems theory / F.L. Schwenninger and H. Zwart
- On self-adjoint extensions of symmetric operators / J. Voigt.
This proceedings volume originates from a conference held in Herrnhut in June 2013. It provides unique insights into the power of abstract methods and techniques in dealing successfully with numerous applications stemming from classical analysis and mathematical physics. The book features diverse topics in the area of operator semigroups, including partial differential equations, martingale and Hilbert transforms, Banach and von Neumann algebras, Schrodinger operators, maximal regularity and Fourier multipliers, interpolation, operator-theoretical problems (concerning generation, perturbation and dilation, for example), and various qualitative and quantitative Tauberian theorems with a focus on transfinite induction and magics of Cantor. The last fifteen years have seen the dawn of a new era for semigroup theory with the emphasis on applications of abstract results, often unexpected and far removed from traditional ones. The aim of the conference was to bring together prominent experts in the field of modern semigroup theory, harmonic analysis, complex analysis and mathematical physics, and to present the lively interactions between all of those areas and beyond. In addition, the meeting honored the sixtieth anniversary of Prof C. J. K. Batty, whose scientific achievements are an impressive illustration of the conference goal. These proceedings present contributions by prominent scientists at this international conference, which became a landmark event. They will be a valuable and inspiring source of information for graduate students and established researchers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Operator theory, advances and applications, 0255-0156 ; volume 250. Advances in partial differential equations
- Operator theory, advances and applications, 0255-0156 ; volume 250. Linear operators and linear systems
- Proceedings of conference held in honor of 60th anniversary of Prof C. J. K. Batty in Herrnhut, June 2013.
- 9783319184937 (hd.bd.)
- 9783319184944 (online)
- 3319184938 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: