O-minimality and diophantine geometry
- edited by G.O. Jones, University of Manchester, A.J. Wilkie, University of Manchester.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2015.
- Physical description
- xii, 221 pages ; 23 cm.
- London Mathematical Society lecture note series 421.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA242.5 .O45 2015||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- The Manin-Mumford Conjecture, an elliptic Curve, its Torsion Points & their Galois Orbits / P. Habegger
- Rational points on definable sets / A.J. Wilkie
- Functional transcendence via o-minimality / Jonathan Pila
- Introduction to abelian varieties and the Ax-Lindemann-Weierstrass theorem / Martin Orr
- The André-Oort conjecture via o-minimality / Christopher Daw
- Lectures on elimination theory for semialgebraic and subanalytic sets / A.J. Wilkie
- Relative Manin-Mumford for abelian varieties / D. Masser
- Improving the bound in the Pila-Wilkie theorem for curves / G.O. Jones
- Ax-Schanuel and o-minimality / Jacob Tsimerman.
This collection of articles, originating from a short course held at the University of Manchester, explores the ideas behind Pila's proof of the Andre-Oort conjecture for products of modular curves. The basic strategy has three main ingredients: the Pila-Wilkie theorem, bounds on Galois orbits, and functional transcendence results. All of these topics are covered in this volume, making it ideal for researchers wishing to keep up to date with the latest developments in the field. Original papers are combined with background articles in both the number theoretic and model theoretic aspects of the subject. These include Martin Orr's survey of abelian varieties, Christopher Daw's introduction to Shimura varieties, and Jacob Tsimerman's proof via o-minimality of Ax's theorem on the functional case of Schanuel's conjecture.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- London Mathematical Society lecture note series ; 421
- 9781107462496 (pbk.)
- 1107462495 (pbk.)
- 9781316311080 (PDF ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: