Nielsen datasets : transforming academic research in marketing
- Kilts Center for Marketing.
- Current publication
- [Chicago, Illinois] : Kilts Center for Marketing.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Kilts Center for Marketing, issuing body.
- The Consumer Panel Data include information about product purchases made by a panel of consumer households across all retail outlets in all US markets. The data include purchases from all Nielsen-tracked categories, including food, nonfood grocery items, health and beauty aids, and select general merchandise. The data represent approximately 40,000 - 60,000 US households that continually provide information about the makeup of their households, the products they buy, as well as when and where they make purchases. The Retail Scanner Data consist of weekly purchase and pricing data generated from participating retail store point-of-sale systems in all US markets. Data are included from approximately 35,000 grocery, drug, mass merchandiser, and other stores. Products from all Nielsen-tracked categories are included in the data, such as food, nonfood grocery items, health and beauty aids, and select general merchandise.
- Title Variation
- Available from some providers with alternative title: Kilts Marketing Data Center
- Currently only available to US-based, tenure-line faculty, and PhD students whom they advise.