- di G. Verdi.
- Uniform Title
- Italian. Italian words., Staff notation.
- [between 1875 and 1876]
- Physical description
- 1 score (4 volumes) ; 34 cm
Memorial Library of Music
|MLM 1097 A||Locked stacks: Ask at circulation desk|
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- paper; manuscript; rda
- Manuscript (full score) in an unknown hand made for the early performances at the Théâtre-Italien (Paris, France), with printed publisher wrappers.
- Libretto by Antonio Ghislanzoni.
- The full score for voices and instruments, notated in brown and dark brown inks, with Italian words, on up to twenty-four staves per page, violins and violas at the top of the systems, with the original versions of the ballet in the Act 2 Finale, and some adjustments to the brass parts (without parts for Cimbasso) and rehearsal letters in orange, marked up for the conductor in blue ink and pencil, the gatherings numbered, annotated on the four titles ("Parigi Carne 1875-76 (89)") 4 volumes, over 900 pages, large quarto (c.33 x 24cm), 20- & 24-stave papers, untrimmed, publisher's printed wrappers ("Aida di G. Verdi, Atto 1mo [...4to], Proprieta del I.R. Stabilmento Ricordi, Milano / Napoli-Roma-Firenze / Londra"), some tears to lower margins, occasionally affecting the text (e.g. pp.123/124 in Volume 2), spines worn (Volume 1 repaired with tape)--Auction catalog.
- Title from manuscript title page.
- Formerly owned by French organist-composer Alexandre Guilmant (1837-1911).
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: