Abdominal solid organ transplantation : immunology, indications, techniques, and early complications
- Antonio Daniele Pinna, Giorgio Ercolani, editors.
- Cham : Springer, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I Donor evaluation, immunosuppression and early complications in S.O.T.:
- 1 Immunosuppression in solid organ transplantation.-
- 2 Infection Complications after Abdominal Organ Transplantation.-
- 3 National Transplant Network. Donor selection and evaluation criteria.-
- 4 The safety of donor.-
- 5 Medical disease after abdominal solid organ transplantation and the risk of solid and hematologic malignant tumor after transplantation).- Part II Liver Transplantation:
- 6 Indication and timing.-
- 7 The donor procurement.-
- 8 Orthotopic liver transplantation.-
- 9 Anesthetic and perioperative management for liver transplantation.-
- 10 Living donor liver transplantation.-
- 11 Hepatic Acute and chronic rejection.-
- 12 Postoperative technical complications.-
- 13 Percutaneous management of biliary and vascular complications.-
- 14 Re-transplantation (Causes, Outcome).- Part III Renal transplantation:
- 15 Indication and timing.-
- 16 The donor procurement: Standard technique for procurement in cadaveric donors .-
- 17 Live donor evaluation.-
- 18 Living donor nephrectomy.-
- 19 Renal Transplantation: Surgical technique.-
- 20 The intraoperative and perioperative management of Kidney transplantation.-
- 21 Kidney acute and chronic rejection.-
- 22 Kidney Transplantation: Post-Operative Technical Complications.- Part V Intestinal/multivisceral transplantation:
- 23 Indications and timing.-
- 24 The donor procurement .-
- 25 Transplantation.-
- 26 Abdominal wall transplantation and technique.-
- 27 Anesthetic and perioperative management for Intestinal transplantation .-
- 28 Segmental Living-related Small Bowel Transplantation.-
- 29 Intestinal Acute and Chronic rejection.- Part VI Combined Abdominal Transplantation:
- 30 Combined Kidney-Liver Transplantation.-
- 31 Kidney-pancreas Transplantation.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This book is a comprehensive and innovative guide to abdominal solid organ transplantation (SOT). It explains the main immunological problems involved in abdominal SOT, reviews indications for liver, kidney, and small bowel transplantation, and provides detailed descriptions of techniques for procurement and transplantation. In addition, technical, infectious, and immunological complications and their treatment are fully described. Special attention is devoted to the indications for and outcomes of combined kidney-liver and kidney-pancreas transplantation. Clear advice is provided on donor selection and donor safety, and the book concludes by examining medical disease and the risk of solid and hematologic malignancies after transplantation. Abdominal SOT has become the treatment of choice for various end-stage chronic diseases of the liver, kidney, and foregut. Improved knowledge of immunology, the introduction of new immunosuppressive agents, and advances in surgical techniques have all increased the number of potential candidates and led to better outcomes. It is therefore unsurprising that more and more surgeons, physicians, and scientists, as well as students and nurses, are becoming interested in abdominal SOT. This book will provide all practitioners with an excellent, up-to-date summary of knowledge in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9783319169972 electronic bk.
- 3319169971 electronic bk.
- 3319169963 (print)
- 9783319169965 (print)