Cope: master naturalist; the life and letters of Edward Drinker Cope, with a bibliography of his writings classified by subject; a study of the pioneer and foundation periods of vertebrate palaeontology in America
- by Henry Fairfield Osborn... with the co-operation of Helen Ann Warren and citations from the writings of George Brown Goode, Theodore Gill, Persifor Frazer, Henry Fairfield Osborn, William Berryman Scot, William King Gregory, William Diller Matthew. Illustrated with drawings, and restorations by Charles R. Knight under the direction of Professor Cope.
- Princeton, N.J., Princeton university press; London, H. Milford, Oxford university press, 1931.
- Physical description
- xvi, 740 p. front., illus., plates, ports., double map, facsims. 24 cm.
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|QH31 .C8 O72 1931||In-library use|
Stephen Jay Gould was a renowned evolutionary biologist, paleontologist, historian of science, educator, popular science author, polymath, and an enthusiastic collector. His papers include, but are not limited to: subject files; coursework and research from his graduate studies at Columbia University; his teaching and administrative files from Harvard University and New York University; organizational and committee files; conference, lecture, and symposia files; research files and data; photographs; artifacts and memorabilia (including specimens); clippings and scrapbooks; photographs; audiovisual materials; biographical materials; files related to Gould’s passion for baseball and music; and various reprints and manuscripts by others. The Stephen J. Gould Rare Books Collection, part of the larger Stephen J. Gould Papers bequest to the Stanford University Libraries, consists of approximately 1,500 rare, antiquarian books, some dating back to the late 1400s.
- Bibliography at end of chapter I; "Classified bibliography of the principal papers of Edward Drinker Cope, 1859-1897": p. 591-740.
- Publication date
- Maps on lining papers.
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): Stephen Jay Gould Collection. Provenance: H. Stanton Hill (bookplate).
Browse related items
Start at call number: