Rockin' chair [sound recording]
- Carmichael ; [performed by] Mildred Bailey and her orchestra. There'll be some changes made / Higgins, Overstreet ; [performed by] Mildred Bailey and her Oxford Greys.
- analog; shellac; 78 rpm; coarse groove; mono.
- [United States] : Columbia, [1939?]
- Physical description
- 1 audio disc ; 10 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|COLUMBIA 35943||In-library use|
- Release date
- Production date
- Columbia: C1859 (matrix), W24228 (matrix).
- Fox trots with vocal chorus.
- Mildred Bailey and her orchestra (side A). [Bill Hyland, Stew Pletcher, trumpet ; Eddie Sauter, trumpet, arranger ; Alex Mastren, trombone ; Hank d'Amico, clarinet, alto sax ; Frank Simeone, alto sax ; Herbie Haymer, tenor sax ; Joe Liss, piano ; Dave Barbour, guitar ; Pete Peterson, string bass ; Maurice Purtill, drums ; Red Norvo, xylophone] ; Mildred Bailey, vocals ; Oxford Greys (side B). [Mary Lou Williams, piano ; Floyd Smith, electric guitar ; John Williams, string bass ; Eddie Dougherty, drums]--Cf. Jazz records, 1897-1942 / Rust, 1978.
- Recorded in Chicago, March 23, 1937 (side A) and New York, March 16, 1939 (side B)--Cf. Rust, 1978.
- Included Work
- There'll be some changes made.
- Publisher Number
- 35943 Columbia
- C1859 Columbia
- W 24228 Columbia