Handbook of research on social, economic, and environmental sustainability in the development of smart cities
- Andrea Vesco and Francesco Ferrero, editors.
- Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, an imprint of IGI Global, 
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Advances in environmental engineering and green technologies (AEEGT) book series.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- What constitutes a smart city? / Sekhar Kondepudi, Ramita Kondepudi
- Smart cities and the internet: from mode 2 to triple helix accounts of their evolution / Mark Deakin
- Evaluating the smart and sustainable built environment in urban planning / Patrizia Lombardi, Silvia Giordano
- Smart cities: a salad bowl of citizens, ICT, and environment / Elsa Negre, Camille Rosenthal-Sabroux
- Challenges and opportunities for the development and management of urban green areas in Addis Ababa: the case of cooperative housing green areas and street trees in Nifas Silk Lafto Sub-City / Gebrye Kefelew, Tebarek Lika
- Living labs and urban smartness: the experimental nature of emerging governance models / Grazia Concilio, Francesco Molinari
- Multi-scale, multi-dimensional modelling of future energy systems / Catalina Spataru, Andreas Koch, Pierrick Bouffaron
- ICT-based solutions supporting energy systems for smart cities / Wolfgang Loibl [and 7 others]
- Electronic and ICT solutions for smart buildings and urban areas / Luca Tamburini, Maurizio Rossi, Davide Brunelli
- An innovative approach to vehicle electrification for smart cities / Promiti Dutta [and 3 others]
- New transportation systems for smart cities / Christos G. Cassandras
- Smart, sustainable, and safe urban transportation systems: recent developments in the Asia-Pacific region / Hoong-Chor Chin, Yueying Wang
- Wireless access networks for smart cities / Hervé Rivano [and 6 others]
- Community mesh networks: citizens' participation in the deployment of smart cities / Primavera De Filippi
- Crowdsensing in smart cities: technical challenges, open issues, and emerging solution guidelines / Paolo Bellavista [and 4 others]
- Visualising data for smart cities / Michael Batty [and 3 others]
- From the smart city to the people-friendly city: usability of tools and data in urban planning / Giulia Melis, Elena Masala, Matteo Tabasso
- Mobility, data, and behavior: the TrafficO2 case study / Salvatore Di Dio [and 4 others]
- Energy investment in smart cities unlocking financial instruments in Europe / Francesca Romana Medda, Candace Partridge, Gianni Carbonaro
- Attaining sustainable, smart investment: the smart city as a place-based capital allocation instrument / Eugenio Leanza, Gianni Carbonaro.
- Publisher's Summary
- As population growth accelerates, researchers and professionals face challenges as they attempt to plan for the future. Urban planning is a significant component in addressing the key concerns as the world population moves towards the city and leaves the rural environment behind, yet there are many factors to consider for a well rounded community. The Handbook of Research on Social, Economic, and Environmental Sustainability in the Development of Smart Cities brings together the necessary research and interdisciplinary discussion to address dilemmas created by population growth and the expansion of urban environments. This publication is an essential reference source for researchers, academicians, investors, and practitioners interested in the urban planning and technological advancements necessary for the creation of smart cities.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781466682825 20160619
- Publication date
- Advances in environmental engineering and green technologies (AEEGT) book series, 2326-9170
- Available in another form
- Print version: Handbook of research on social, economic, and environmental sustainability in the development of smart cities ( 9781466682825 )
- 9781466682832 electronic bk.
- 1466682833 electronic bk.
- 9781680157314 electronic bk.
- 1680157310 electronic bk.