Out and about : the LGBT experience in the legal profession
- Chicago, Illinois : ABA, American Bar Association Commission on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity, 
- Physical description
- xv, 196 pages ; 23 cm
- American Bar Association. Commission on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity, sponsoring body.
- National LGBT Bar Association.
- To thine own self be true
- Trailblazing advocacy
- Challenging the profession
- "T" is for transgender
- Reflections on progress.
Out and About: The LGBT Experience in the Legal Profession is a collaboration between the American Bar Association Commission on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity ("SOGI") and the National LGBT Bar Association ("LGBT Bar"). Both SOGI and the LGBT went to great lengths to identify and encourage authors to share their stories. This joint publication is an anthology of first person narrative accounts. These moving accounts introduce new insights and perspectives. Out and About is a primer that will inspire new conversations and to shine light where it has not been shined before. This unique book is of interest to both LGBT and non-LGBT readers alike. While developing this book, SOGI and the LGBT Bar sought diversity in all its forms--differing sexual orientation and gender identities as well as differing ages, races, geographic locations, practice settings, law schools, years of experiences, and more. This book's goal is to promote full and equal participation in the legal profession by persons of differing sexual orientations and gender identities. Out and About will explore the significant challenges and barriers that the LGBT community faces in their quest for full acceptance and participation in their chosen fields of legal expertise.This book will educate the legal profession and the general public about the LGBT community, its contributions and its ongoing struggles for equality. Equally as important, Out and About serves as a resource for identification, inspiration and education to the LGBT legal community on how to deal with situations they may face.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Sexual minorities > Legal status, laws, etc. > United States.
- Gays > Legal status, laws, etc. > United States.
- Bisexuals > Legal status, laws, etc. > United States.
- Transgender people > Legal status, laws, etc. > United States.
- Transphobia > Law and legislation > United States.
- Homophobia > Law and legislation > United States.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- LGBT experience in the legal profession
- 9781634251280 (pbk.)
- 1634251288 (pbk.)
- 9781634251297 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: