An evaluation of the public schools of the District of Columbia : reform in a changing landscape
- Committee for the Five-Year (2009-2013) Summative Evaluation of the District of Columbia Public Schools, Board on Testing and Assessment, Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, National Research Council of the National Academies.
- Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 325 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2809 .W18 N37 2015||Unknown|
- Corporate Author
- National Research Council (U.S.) Committee for the Five-Year (2009-2013) Summative Evaluation of the District of Columbia Public School.
- National Research Council (U.S.). Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education.
- National Research Council (U.S.) Board on Testing and Assessment.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 211- 226).
- 1 Front Matter--
- 2 Summary--
- 1 Introduction--
- 2 Context for School Reform in D.C--
- 3 Coordination, Efficiency, and Lines of Authority--
- 4 Improving Teacher Quality--
- 5 Learning Conditions--
- 6 Outcomes--
- 7 Synthesis, Conclusions, and Recommendations--
- 10 Bibliography--
- 11 Appendix A: Information Provided and Not Provided in Response to Committee Requests--
- 12 Appendix B: Sample Interview Protocol--
- 13 Appendix C: The Public Education Reform Amendment Act and Relevant Amendments--
- 14 Appendix D: Information about the Functioning of the Education Agencies--
- 15 Appendix E: Recommendations Regarding Special Education, American Institutes for Research--
- 16 Appendix F: Student Outcomes: Detailed Data--
- 17 Appendix G: Biographical Sketches of Committee Members and Staff.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
An Evaluation of the Public Schools of the District of Columbia is a comprehensive five-year summative evaluation report for Phase Two of an initiative to evaluate the District of Columbia's public schools. Consistent with the recommendations in the 2011 report A Plan for Evaluating the District of Columbia's Public Schools, this new report describes changes in the public schools during the period from 2009 to 2013. An Evaluation of the Public Schools of the District of Columbia examines business practices, human resources operations and human capital strategies, academic plans, and student achievement. This report identifies what is working well seven years after legislation was enacted to give control of public schools to the mayor of the District of Columbia and which areas need additional attention.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
Browse related items
Start at call number: