The spirit of Korean law : Korean legal history in context
- edited by Marie Seong-Hak Kim.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- ix, 272 pages : 25 cm.
- Brill's Asian law series ; v. 3.
- Kim, Marie Seong-Hak editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Searching for the spirit of Korean law / Marie Seong-Hak Kim
- The Chosŏn law codes in an East Asian perspective / Jérôme Bourgon and Pierre-Emmanuel Raux
- Circulation of law and jurisprudence in Korea and China : homicide and the notion of requital for life / Frédéric Constant
- Confucian ideology and legal developments in Chosŏn Korea : a methodological essay / Anders Karlsson
- The rise of Korean constitutional thought (1875-1945) : an East Asian perspective / Noriko Kokubun
- Can there be good colonial law? Korean law and jurisprudence under Japanese rule revisited / Marie Seong-Hak Kim
- Legality or legitimacy : revisiting debates on the Korea-Japan annexation treaties / Samuel Guex
- The making of the constitution and the civil code in postliberation Korea / Joon-Young Moon
- The role of the constitutional court of Korea in the transition from authoritarian to democratic rule / Justine Guichard
- Korea and the reform of the northeast Asian legal complex / Tom Ginsburg.
The first book on Korean legal history in English written by a group of leading scholars, The Spirit of Korean Law examines the developments of Korean law from the Chos n to colonial and modern periods from the perspective of comparative legal traditions.".
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Korean legal history in context
- Brill's Asian law series ; volume 3
- 9789004290778 (hardback ; alk. paper)
- 900429077X (hardback ; alk. paper)
- 9789004306011 (e-book ; alk. paper)
- 9004306013 (e-book ; alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: