Bioenergy : opportunities and challenges
- edited by R. Navanietha Krishnaraj, Jong-Sung Yu.
- Oakville, ON, Canada : Apple Academic Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 364 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|TP339 .B526 2016||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Section 1: Biohydrogen Production Thermophilic Biohydrogen Production: Challenges at the Industrial Scale-- Sudhir Kumar, Aditya Bhalla, Mohit Bibra, Jia Wang, Kayla Morisette, Subramanian M. Raj, David Salem, and Rajesh K. Sani Bio-hydrogen Production: Current Trends and Future Prospects-- Vinita Mishra and Isha Srivastava
- Section 2: Microbial Fuel Cells Microbial Fuel Cells: A Promising Alternative Energy Source-- M. J. Angelaa Lincy, B. Ashokkumar, M. Vasantha, and P. Varalakshmi Challenges to and Opportunities in Microbial Fuel Cells-- J. Jayapriya and V. Ramamurthy Systems Biology Approaches for Microbial Fuel Cell Applications-- Navanietha Krishnaraj. R, and Jong-Sung Yu
- Section 3: Bioethanol Production Potentials of Oscillatoria annae in Producing Bioethanol by Degradation of Selected Lignocellulosics-- P.Malliga, V. Viswajith, D. Malini, and R. Sabitha Challenges in Harnessing the Potential of Lignocellulosic Biofuels and the Probable Combating Strategies-- Lakshmi Shri Roy, Vijay Kumar Garlapati, and Rintu Banerjee
- Section 4: Biodesel Production Biodiesel: Production, Opportunities and Challenges-- Deeksha An Overview Of Reactor Designs for Biodesel Production-- Vijay Kumar Garlapati, Lakshmi Shri Roy, and Rintu Banerjee Studies on the Effect of Antioxidants on the Long-Term Storage Stability and Oxidation Stability of Pongamia pinnata and Jatropha curcus Biodiesel-- A. Obadiah and S. Vasanth Kumar Effect of Fungal Biotic Stress on Physic Nut (Jatropha curcas L.)-- Seweta Srivastava and Asha Sinhda
- Section 5: Catalysis for Biofuels A Chemist's Perspective on Bioenergy: Opportunities and Challenges-- Sannapaneni Janardan, B. B. Pavankumar, Shivendu Ranjan, Nandita Dasguptand, Melvin Samuel, Chidambaram Ramalingam, Akella Sivaramakrishna, and Kari Vijayakrishna Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Energy is one of the prime needs of the modern world, and energy demands have been rapidly increasing in the recent years owing to rapid advancements in industrialization and population explosion. Conventional fossil fuels are being depleted at rapid rates, and the use of conventional sources such as coal or nuclear sources cause several hazards to the environment. New sources of fuel, such as bioenergy, are an ideal option for fulfilling ever-increasing energy demands. This important book offers an exploration of these alternate fuel sources, including biohydrogen, microbial fuel cells, bioethanol, and biodiesel production, focusing on the challenges and factors hindering the real-time application of these bioenergy sources. Researchers all over the world are working in this energy sector, and this has led to drastic improvements in bioenergy research. However, the technology gap between research and industrial application still exists. This important book offers engineers and technologists from different disciplines valuable information on this multifaceted field. The field of bioenergy is interdisciplinary, requiring the knowledge of biologists, chemists, physicists, and engineers. Exploring the current trends and future prospects for biofuels, the information presented in this book will be valuable to the international industrial community for identifying new options to circumvent problems that exist in bioenergy applications. Topics include: * Thermophilic biohydrogen production * Bio-hydrogen production * Microbial fuel cells as a promising alternative energy source * Microbial fuel cell applications * Potential of Pscillatoria annae in producing bioethanol * Potential of lignocellulosic biofuels * Biodiesel production * Reactor designs for biodesel production * Long-term storage stability of Pongamia pinnata and Jatropha curcus biodiesel.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781771881098 (alk. paper : hardback)
- 1771881097 (alk. paper : hardback)
- 9781498722056 ebook
Browse related items
Start at call number: