Essential environment : the science behind the stories
- Jay Withgott, Matthew Laposata.
- Fifth edition.
- Boston : Pearson, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 volume (various pagings) : color illustrations, color maps ; 28 cm
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|GE105 .B742 2015||Unknown|
- 1 Science and Sustainability: An Introduction to Environmental Science
- 2 Environmental Systems: Matter, Energy, and Ecosystems
- 3 Evolution, Biodiversity, and Population Ecology
- 4 Species Interactions and Community Ecology
- 5 Economics, Policy, and Sustainable Development
- 6 Human Population
- 7 Soil, Agriculture, and the Future of Food
- 8 Biodiversity and Conservation Biology
- 9 Forests, Forest Management, and Protected Areas
- 10 Environmental Health and Toxicology
- 11 Geology, Minerals, and Mining
- 12 Fresh Water, Oceans, and Coasts
- 13 Atmospheric Science, Air Quality, and Pollution Control
- 14 Global Climate Change
- 15 Nonrenewable Energy Sources, Their Impacts, and Energy Conservation
- 16 Renewable Energy Alternatives
- 17 Managing Our Waste
- 18 The Urban Environment: Creating Sustainable Cities Epilogue: Sustainable Solutions Appendix A: Answers to Data Analysis Questions Appendix B: How to Interpret Graphs Appendix C: Metric System Appendix D: Periodic Table of the Elements Appendix E: Geologic Time Scale Glossary Credits Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
#1 best-selling Environmental Science text and media package is now even better! Essential Environment: The Science behind the Stories, Fifth Edition engages students using current, integrated case studies that provide a context for understanding science and environmental concerns in a brief, 18-chapter text. Jay Withgott and Matt Laposata present the latest understanding of environmental science along with expanded FAQ discussions that address common student misconceptions and with new Data Analysis questions that build quantitative literacy. MasteringEnvironmentalScience(R) with eText is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product that improves results by helping students quickly master concepts both in and outside the classroom. MasteringEnvironmentalScience incorporates activities written by the authors, so your students will arrive better prepared for class. The book and MasteringEnvironmentalScience work together to create a classroom experience that makes teaching and learning more efficient and enjoyable. Note: If you are purchasing the standalone text or electronic version, MasteringEnvironmentalScience does not come automatically packaged with the text. To purchase MasteringEnvironmentalScience please visit www.masteringenvironmentalscience.com or you can purchase a package of the physical text + MasteringEnvironmentalScience by searching for 0321984455 / 9780321984456. MasteringEnvironmentalScience is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Environmental sciences.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Includes index.
Browse related items
Start at call number: