Crocodiles : biology, husbandry and diseases
- F.W. Huchzermeyer, Onderstepoort Veterinary Institute, South Africa.
- Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK : CABI, 2003.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (x, 337 pages, 4 unnumbered pages of plates) : illustrations, charts
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 292-321) and index.
- Crocodiles and alligators-- examination of crocodiles and clinical procedures-- important aspects of crocodile farming-- diseases of eggs and hatchlings-- transmissible diseases-- non-transmissible diseases-- organ diseases and miscellaneous conditions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This comprehensive reference on the biology, management and health of crocodiles, alligators and gharials is applicable to both farmed and captive animals. The introductory chapter describes crocodilian anatomy, physiology, biochemistry and behaviour. Other chapters include crocodile nutrition, incubation of eggs, rearing, breeding, slaughter and welfare. Subsequent chapters cover transmissible, non-transmissible and organ diseases, and diseases of eggs and hatchlings.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Crocodile farming.
- Captive reptiles.
- Animal Husbandry and Production, (New March 2000)
- Animal Health and Hygiene (General)
- Aquaculture (Animals)
- Pathogens, Parasites and Infectious Diseases (Wild Animals), (New March 2000)
- Animal diseases.
- Animal husbandry.
- Reference works.
- Skin producing animals.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Access limited to subscribing institution.
- Also available in print format.
- 0851997988 (electronic bk.)
- 9780851997988 (electronic bk.)