Language in mind : an introduction to psycholinguistics
- Julie Sedivy, University of Calgary.
- First Edition.
- Sunderland, MA : Sinauer Associates, Inc., .
- Physical description
- xiv, 558 pages : color illustrations ; 28 cm
- Sedivy, Julie.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- 1. Science, Language, and the Science of Language
- 2. The Origins of Human Language
- 3. Language and the Brain
- 4. Learning Sound Patterns
- 5. Learning Words
- 6. Learning the Structure and Meaning of Sentences
- 7. Word Recognition
- 8. Processing Sentence Structure and Meaning
- 9. Speaking: From Planning to Articulation
- 10. Discourse and Inference
- 11. The Social Nature of Language
- 12. Language Diversity: Languages, Culture and the Mind.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
Current and engaging, this textbook in the field of psycholinguistics has strong pedagogy, including an accompanying website, designed to help students understand and apply key concepts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Includes indexes.
- 9780878935987 (casebound)
- 0878935983 (casebound)
Browse related items
Start at call number: