3,000 solved problems in physics
- Alvin Halpern.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, ©2011.
- Physical description
- xxviii, 751 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Schaum's outline series.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QC32 .H325 2011||Unknown|
- Halpern, Alvin M.
- Mathematical introduction
- Equilibrium of concurrent forces
- Kinematics in one dimension
- Newton's laws of motion
- Motion in a plane I
- Motion in a plane II
- Work and energy
- Power and simple machines
- Impulse and momentum
- Statics of rigid bodies
- Rotational motion I: kinematics and dynamics
- Rotational motion II: kinetic energy, angular impulse, angular momentum
- Matter in bulk
- Simple harmonic motion
- Temperature and thermal expansion
- Heat and calorimetry
- Heat transfer
- Gas laws and kinetic theory
- The first law of thermodynamics
- The second law of thermodynamics
- Wave motion
- Coulomb's law and electric fields
- Electric potential and capacitance
- Simple electric circuits
- The magnetic field
- Magnetic properties of matter
- Induced EMF: generators and motors
- Electric circuits
- Electromagnetic waves
- Light and optical phenomena
- Mirrors, lenses, and optical instruments
- Interference, diffraction, and polarization
- Special relativity
- Particles of light and waves of matter
- Modern physics: atoms, nuclei, solid-state electronics.
- Publication date
- Title variation
- At head of title: Schaum's outlines
- Three thousand solved problems in physics
- Schaum's outlines series
- Includes index.
- 9780071763462 paperback
- 0071763465 paperback
Browse related items
Start at call number: