Biosafety and the environmental uses of micro-organisms : conference proceedings
- Paris : OECD, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 220 pages : illustrations, map ; 28 cm
- OECD conference on the Environmental Uses of Micro-Organisms: An Overview of the State-of-the-Art and Implications for Biotechnolgy Risk/Safety Assessment (2012)
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development issuing body.
- OECD's Working Group on the Harmonisation of Regulatory Oversight in Biotechnology.
- OECD Co-operative Research Programme.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction: micro-organisms, public health and the environment
- Part I. The use of micro-organisms in agriculture. Biofertilizers: present and future use of transgenic micro-organisms
- Phytosanitation and the development of transgenic biocontrol agents
- Lessons on the impact of genetically engineered micro-organisms on natural ecosystems like soil
- Part II. The use of microalgae for production purposes. The need and risks of using transgenic microalgae for the production of food, feed, chemicals and fuels
- The benefits and advantages of commercial algal biomass harvesting
- Issues in the risk assessment of the use of microalgae for production purposes
- Part III. The use of micro-organisms for bioremediation. Designing bacteria for the environment: from trial and error to earnest engineering
- The intentional release of micro-organisms into the environment: challenges to commercial use
- Part IV. The use of micro-organisms in cleaning products. Microbial-based cleaning products in use and the potential role of transgenic micro-organisms
- Microbes in cleaning products: regulatory experience and challenges for risk assessment
- Part V. Environmental application of microbial symbionts of insects. Use and release of mosquitoes for the control of dengue transmission: a world-first trial in Australia
- Fighting malaria with engineered mosquito symbiotic bacteria
- Part VI. Environmental risk assessment of the deliberate release of engineered micro-organisms. Next generation sequencing-based metagenomics for monitoring soil microbiota
- Reflection on environmental risk assessment of micro-organisms
- Risk assessment considerations of genetically modified micro-organisms for releases
- Overarching issues in the environmental risk assessment of deliberate release of transgenic micro-organisms.
- "This publication constitutes the proceedings of the OECD conference on the "Environmental Uses of Micro-Organisms: An Overview of the State-of-the-Art and Implications for Biotechnology Risk/Safety Assessment". This event, organised under the auspices of OECD's Working Group on the Harmonisation of Regulatory Oversight in Biotechnology (WG-HROB), was held on 26-27 March 2012. [...] It was developed in collaboration with the OECD Co-operative Research Programme under the Trade and Agriculture Directorate. [...] There have been many scientific developments in recent years related to the use of micro-organisms in the environment and the conference was an opportunity to provide an overview of the current situation, focusing on concrete or expected developments involving the use of transgenic micro-organisms in the environment." -- Foreword, page 3.
- Biotechnology > Environmental aspects > Congresses.
- Genetic engineering > Safety measures > Congresses.
- Recombinant microorganisms > Ecology > Risk assessment > Congresses.
- Transgenic organisms > Risk assessment > Congresses.
- Biotechnology > Risk assessment > Congresses.
- Introduced organisms > Risk assessment > Congresses.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- "97 2014 04 1 P" -- Back cover.
- 9789264204959 (print)
- 9789264213562 (pdf)
- 9264204954 (print)
Browse related items
Start at call number: