So beats my heart for you / I've got you under my skin / Porter. Robin Hood / Prima-Miketta
- Ballard-Henderson-Waring ;
- analog; mono; 78 rpm.
- [Hollywood, Calif.] ; [New York] : Vdisc, 1944.
- Physical description
- 1 audio disc : analog, mono, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|VDISC 300 ARMY RELEASE M||In-library use|
- Prima, Louis, 1910-1978 lyricist.
- Henderson, Charles, 1907-1970 joint composer.
- Weston, Paul, 1912-1996 conductor.
- Jenkins, Gordon, conductor.
- Prima, Louis, 1910-1978 conductor.
- Prima, Louis, 1910-1978 performer.
- Mercer, Johnny, 1909-1976 sponsor.
- Paul Weston Orchestra performer.
- Gordon Jenkins Orchestra, performer.
- Louis Prima Orchestra, performer.
- National Broadcasting Company broadcaster.
- Included Work
- Contains: Ballard, Pat, 1899-1960. So beats my heart for you; arranged.
- Contains: Porter, Cole, 1891-1964. Born to dance I've got you under my skin; arranged.
- Contains: Miketta, Bob, 1911-1975. Robin Hood.
- Publication date
- Title from disc label.
- Vdisc: 300 (Army Release M) ; matrix nos.: VP 837, VP 853 (on label) ; VP 853, 837 A (on run-out).
- Duration: [4:25] (side A) ; [4:06] (side B)
- Brief introduction given by Louis Prima (0:12; 3rd work)
- Sears, Richard S. V-discs: a history and discography, p. 939 (1st work) and p. 414 (2nd work) (Side A) ; p. 730 (3rd work)
- 1st work: Paul Weston and his orchestra. 2nd work: Gordon Jenkins and his orchestra. 3rd work: Louis Prima, vocals ; Louis Prima and his orchestra.
- NBC broadcast Dress rehearsal "Johnny Mercer's Music Shop", NBC studios, Hollywood, Calif. early July 1944 (1st work) ; NBC broadcast "Everything for the boys", NBC studios, New York, N. Y. mid-July 1944 (2nd work) ; Recorded Columbia Records studios, 799 Seventh Avenue, New York, N. Y. late July 1944 (3rd work).
- Related Work
- Johnny Mercer's music shop (Radio program)
- Everything for the boys (Radio program)
- Included Work
- I've got you under my skin.
- Robin Hood.
- Publisher Number
- 300 Vdisc
- Army Release M Vdisc
- VP 837 Vdisc
- VP 853 Vdisc
- 837 A Vdisc