Ed Reither collection of W. Y. (Walter Yeeling) Evans-Wentz correspondence and ephemera, 1935-1960 (bulk 1935-1936)
- Physical description
- 0.5 linear feet (1 half manuscript box)
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|M2008 HALF BOX 1||In-library use|
- Evans-Wentz, W. Y. (Walter Yeeling), 1878-1965, correspondent.
- Organization & arrangement
- Arranged by type of material.
- A collection of material assembled by Ed Reither having to do with Walter Yeeling Evans-Wentz. Included is correspondence to Evans-Wentz received between 1937 and 1957, newspaper clippings by or about Evans-Wentz, printed materials about Buddhism, and other ephemera.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Related resource: Buddhism and eastern religions collection, ca.1600-1922.
- Related resource: W. Y. Evans-Wentz papers, 1894-1961.
- Open for research. Note that material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use
- Cite as
- [identification of item], Ed Reither collection of W. Y. (Walter Yeeling) Evans-Wentz correspondence and ephemera (M2008). Dept. of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, Calif.
- Gift of Ed Reither, 2014. Accession 2014-030.
- Walter Yeeling Evans-Wentz, born February 2, 1878 in Trenton, New Jersey, attended Stanford University where he received his B.A. and his M.A. Evans-Wentz travelled extensively in Mexico, Europe, and the Far East. He was a pioneer in the field of Tibetan Buddhism and authored several books on the subject.
Browse related items
Start at call number: